Forums are back in action! ×

Denmark?

I actually just got back from Denmark last week, and that was my fourth trip there, so I have seen most of the sights. Now, I see things through two filters. 1. I'm female and 2. I'm a huge history geek, so the things I loved might not be things you care about at all. I have a big photo album of pictures if you're interested:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3310870575375.129045.1376432936&type=3&l=ae77656632

I highly recommend finding out what special deals they have on mass transit while you are there. We were only in Copenhagen for two days this trip, but were able to buy a pass that not only gave us unlimited train and bus access, but free admission to many attractions. It was a fantastic deal for the price. It was called the C(Open)hagen Card.

In my opinion, the most interesting things to see in Copenhagen are (and there are things I haven't seen, so this isn't all inclusive):

The Glyptotek - and it's free one day a week (Sundays?)

Tivoli - much better than I expected. I enjoyed the rides, must see a play at the Peacock Theater, they have a lot of concerts there. There's a great ice cream place that is in Tivoli and also has an entrance outside Tivoli that has really fantastic ice cream made on Bornholm, and they make homemade flødebolle, a must have.

Rosenborg Castle - the crown jewels are there and they are amazing. My husband is a Dane, had never seen them (and didn't really care if he did), but still really enjoyed it. As long as you are at Rosenborg, you might as well walk to Nyhavn (the famous street you always see on pictures of Denmark) and Amalienborg Castle, where the queen lives. We didn't go inside but even seeing the guards outside was worth a quick stop. If I had had time, I would have checked out the part that can be toured.

Roskilde Cathedral - take the train here (if you get a pass thingie it will cover it). It's an enormous cathedral where the majority of the kings and queens from the past 1000 years are buried, with fantastic tombs. There are pictures of many of them in my photo album. Probably a lot less interesting if you aren't a history buff. There is also a small museum in Roskilde which is pretty meh, but if you need to kill time it's near the cathedral. You can get a great deal on lunch at Jensen's Bøfhus in Roskilde and many other places (it's a chain). Eating out is very expensive there, but they have a lunch steak/potato special that even has the native Danes going "wow" over the price. http://www.jensens.com/

Viking Ship Museum - also in Roskilde, and within walking distance of the cathedral. Worth seeing, only takes about 60-90 minutes. I enjoyed it but doubt I'll ever go back, unlike the Glyptotek, which I think I could visit a dozen times.

Kronborg Castle - the castle that was supposed to be the inspiration for the setting of Hamlet. Your train pass will also take you there. I haven't been there yet but it's on my list for next time.

There are many other things to see there that I haven't visited. I tended to not go to any modern art museums since those are everywhere. I tried to see things that I could ONLY see in Copenhagen. I haven't been to the little mermaid because I have heard it's pretty disappointing. If you find that in your two weeks you want to take a trip to Århus, I can give you a lot of ideas there since that's where I have spent the majority of my time when in Denmark. This year we also went to Skågen, and enjoyed that.

Have fun!

THANK YOU!!!!!

I might be contacting you as it gets closer. Money isn't an issue since the company pays. You have made me uber excited!!

Really appreciate it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You train to look good. I train to kick your ...

If you still look pretty afterwords, you didn't do it right.

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up. Babe Ruth

Archived