Forums are back in action! ×

Ran 5k for the first time!

martinb

I ran 5.33k in 33:37 this evening - the first time I've ever run 5k!

This was only my fifth run in a little under two weeks, after deciding to take up running last Monday.

My first run was 3.2k in 25:30, followed by 3.2k in 24:46, 3.37k in 20:21 and 3.99k in 25:18.

I've entered a 10k race in July which is giving me a good goal to aim for as I want to finish this in under 55 minutes. The big challenge now is pacing myself and not increasing my mileage too much each week.

Nice... wish my first 5k was in anything like that time.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

This is simply... AWESOME!!!! woot.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Thanks, all.

I should mention that, whilst I've not run at all in over a decade (and have never really been a runner), I have been doing 5k on the rowing machine regularly over the past couple of months, in sub-20 minute times. I think that has helped build a good base level of fitness which is translating quickly into the running.

Archived