Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Machines to Free Weights

I don't know what you mean by block, and I'm not too sure what a cage looks like.

If it helps right now I'm going to Planet Fitness. It's not the most high tech gym, but when I signed up I wasn't sure how committed I was and the price point was right. I like it so far though.

MirGSS has done it too I believe. I have the book, but the workout doesn't exactly jive with what my husband and I are already doing, plus I don't have all the equipment/weights/space necessary for some of the exercises.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Start light with barbells and compound movements.

this will help you to get the "skills" (balance and coordination).

Then add weight according to your goals.

Then add a couple of dumbells exercises somedays to vary a little (because your muscles will get bored and will need to do something else or you will hit a wall in your progress), this is because dumbells require more coordination/time with both arms (one doesn't simply push first the right hand and then the left hand).

Good luck and HAVE FUN! :D <----- really, if you can, it will make you progress faster... don't bench press if you hate it

there's other stuff out there (like declined push ups, dips, military presses, etc).

Archived