Forums are back in action! ×

Kickass archer before Katniss's name ever hit the pages of Young Adult Lit

So, my story in a nutshell is that I'm in the midst of a lifestyle change.

I literally woke up one morning and looked in the mirror at my ever-weakening self and said,

"I am not going to do anything half-assed anymore. I am either going to be all-in, or all out."

So, I looked hard at my life. I have a job that I love but it's a desk job so I sit all day. I also have an hour commute each way. That job alone adds up to 55 hours a week SITTING. Then, twice a week I drive another hour (in the opposite direction) to coach archery at a University. So that's a lot of driving, a lot of sitting, and a lot of getting fat. I would also eat whatever I could find on the road, and man was that some junk. So after my revelation I decided, this is it. I'm almost 30 and this has to change, and it has to change for good.

• I bought a gym membership, and I USE it!
  • I started the couch to 5K program
  • I wake up *before work* 5 days/week to work out
  • I completely changed what I eat and have been making my own lunches and abandoning most processed foods

I have lost 14 lbs so far but it's not about the number as much as it is about how I feel. I feel awesome.

I used to be a competitive archer (as the title of my post says - long before being a hot archer chick was cool). I was second in my region and beat people twice my age. Then, I started working and switched to coaching and watched my muscles and fitness just... waste away.

I came across NF when looking on info about how to do a pull-up. I have challenged myself that I will start this quest - today. I don't know how long it will take but I will be a pull-up master. I will put in the work to make strong back muscles, and try as hard as I ever have.

I will feel more awesome. I will soon use the words "fit" and "strong" to describe myself. I will to get to a point where this feeling of being active and whole is normal. Because I will not give up, and I will not do anything half-assed anymore.

Nice to meet you all - CHEERS!

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."

The Beer Babe

www.thebeerbabe.com

My challenge - Less Sitting, More adventuring!

!!!iii!!! Girl, you are definitely in the right place and we will all do well by your enthusiasm!

Good luck with your pull up goal! I have push ups and chin/pull ups in my plan as well. And I just started C25K. Looking forward to following your success!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Half-Elf Adventurer

STR 2 - DEX 2 - STA 2 - CON 3 - WIS 3 - CHA 3

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. - General George S. Patton

Archived