Forums are back in action! ×

I wish that I had a better intro than to just lay it out there. So here it is.

I've been dealing with social anxiety and extreme self-esteem issues since I was 14 following a sexual assault. I'm 27 now. I've spent almost half of my life feeling like I didn't deserve happiness or that something was wrong with me or that I wasn't good enough. To cope I developed a disconnect with my body by crawling into my brain and detaching from myself physically.

I'm here because I'm tired of feeling like I am not worthy or not good enough. My life is worth investing in and it's about time that I gave myself something to be proud of.

In the end I am just tired. It's time for a new day.

That's why I'm here.

You've come to the right place, Minke. This community is chock-a-block with all sorts of people with all sorts of histories, many of whom have managed to make some huge, positive changes. Sometimes the best place to start is with your fitness and things just seem to improve from there. It's great to have you with us - welcome to the Rebeliion!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Welcome Minke! You are in the right place, and just remember, that you are worth it. Those thoughts will bubble up at all times, and when they do, don't fight them, just let them float on up and out, and tell yourself again...YOU ARE WORTH IT.

I fully understand the mental battle part, it is not easy in any way.

Good luck to you!

Welcome! Agreed that you are definitely in the right place. Everyone is super helpful and supportive.

And you ARE worth it. Fitness is a great distraction from stress and the best part is that it also benefits you. When you're feeling down or sad, workout, run, whatever, but I gaurantee you'll feel better when you're finished. Not just because you were distracted from whatever, but because you made a choice to do something good for yourself and you followed through. Eating healthy is also a great way to feel better. Cleaning up your eating seems hard at first, but there's really nothing to it. And believe me, you'll feel a thousand times better from eating fresh, healthy foods versus junk and soda.

Ask anyone for help and you'll get it. Welcome to Nerd Fitness!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Half-Elf Adventurer

STR 2 - DEX 2 - STA 2 - CON 3 - WIS 3 - CHA 3

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory. - General George S. Patton

Archived