Forums are back in action! ×

Stronkey Kong's Permanent Record

I started editing the first page of this thread for organizational purposes. I added sections for Mindset, Nutrition, and Workout information where I'll keep outlines of my plans and goals

Then I added a couple sections for tracking academy quests and epic quests -- one is a "trophy room' the other just has notes about the ones currently in progress so I don't lose where i left off. No doubt I'll be doing that stuff in the normal posts on the back and middle of the log, but I'm going to maintain fresh and currently visible info up front so I can find it fast when I need it.

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

And this deserves documentation.

[redacted*]

This was my solution to the "Gimme the loot!" quest. I sealed $50 dollars in an "treasure chest" (envelope) and I won't be opening it until I complete a challenge without missing two in a row of the items listed on the front. I get three strikes, but if I wind up missing any of those things more than twice in a row, I have to start over on the next challenge. The money includes $20 for two boxing classes, $20 for drinks at my local Bar-cade, and the 10, $1 bills are for quarters. So that's my reward, boxing classes and a night of cocktails and retro arcade games.

*just kidding -- I archived this Instagram photo a while back and now it doesn't show here.

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Update 1-11-2020

Success First:

• I dropped 5 lbs this week
  • My body measurements dropped by 0.25-0.5 in., (or stayed the same)
  • My nutrition plan is up to snuff for level 4 (my modified NF diet plan)
  • I leveled up on the NFA workout plan to Level 3
  • I'm feeling good generally.

Mindset: So far I'm doing good with staying focussed and getting things done on my schedule. I am applying the "never miss two in a row" mantra and I'm getting workouts, meditation sessions, stretching, lunch prep, and mindful breakfasts done. I missed one mindful breakfast, but I made sure not to miss the next one. I am noticing an improvement in my overall mood. I feel more confident and accepting of where I am and the progress I've made. I intend to stay focused and keep going.

Nutrition: Again applying the NMTR mantra -- At work we had a pizza lunch on Tuesday. I went overboard and ate four slices (big slices) but I vowed to eat better the next day. I logged half my pizza on Wednesday's food log, and kept my calories near goal. I may have been overcompensating, and later in the week I was eating way under my calorie goal (I was <2000 ). This led to snacking on Cheezits from the vending machine. I need to start bringing fruit and veggie snacks to work with me. I do need these calories, but I need to get them from healthier sources with more nutrients like fiber and vitamins and minerals, and less saturated fat.

Workouts: I handily defeated the Widowmaker (Level 2 NFA bodyweight workout boss) and moved up to level three. My lotus position and posture is improving. My knees and hips are opening up and I'm much more comfortable when sitting in Zazen.

• Like 1

--Stronkey Kong--

• Stronkey Kong changed the title to Stronkey Kong's Permanent Record

I am rebooting and renovating this battle log to work on my current long term goals regarding:

• Home ownership
  • Weight Loss/Management
  • Fitness
  • Buddhist Practice/Meditation
  • Writing my damn novel
  • Sobriety?

--Stronkey Kong--