Forums are back in action! ×

Favorite Supersets?

Bethany4

As one who would rather run 3 hours than lift for 30 minutes, I'm working on the whole strength training thing... I'm currently enjoying supersets. So, I'd love to know... what are your favorite superset workouts (either entire workout or just a single superset)? Do you like to incorporate cardio (ex, running 5 min on the treadmill between each superset) into your lifting workouts?

Just trying to expand my knowledge in this area...

Well hello. For me personally it depends on the day. Sometimes I'll do push/pull sets (bench and rows, push ups and pull ups, etc) other days will be upper/lower (deadlifts and pull ups, squats and push ups, so on). Or there's always super setting same muscles groups like all chest or all back exercises. After you get a feel of it you'll be able to tell which works for you. As far as cardio, I'll do jacks or burpees or jump rope in between each set just to keep moving.

Good luck with everything!

Swimmer's Curls are a form of superset I guess. Curl weight, press above head.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Like many of the others here, I like to do supersets with upper body pushes/pulls. Dips/bench/shoulder press plus row/chinup/pullup supersets are definitely on the list for me.

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

Archived