Forums are back in action! ×

Dealing with Tech support

I need some help here, I can't get Steam or Atari support to work with me. Steam support referred me to Atari support, Atari support referred me to Steam support (the definition of recursion is the definition of recursion is the...). Does anyone know how I can get either of them to stop avoiding taking the issue on? I can provide the correspondence so far if it will help.

Well, I spent like 3 hours learning about this in an HE class once (like 3 years ago though, so I hope I'm remembering properly).

If you bought the game from Steam, then they are the sellers and so it's their responsibility to address your problem. They shouldn't have to refer you to another company.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrights/Consumerrights/Situationsthatcanchangeyourconsumerrights/DG_183048

"If the wrong item is delivered or it’s faulty

If you've been sent the wrong item or the item is faulty, you can return it and ask for your money back. In these cases the seller must cover the cost of returning the items."

Yep, if the game is faulty then it's their responsibility to address your problems (as they are the seller)

Thanks for reading my signature, but it's got nothing of relevance in it I'm afraid!

I'll second the above...

Here's what I'd do...reinstall the game to see if the problem persists. If it does, contact Atari with specifics about the problem and what you've done to try to troubleshoot. If they refuse to help, it's Valve / Steam's problem as the reseller. Valve (Steam) is usually pretty good with the customer service, so be sure to let them know what you've done to troubleshoot and the contact you've had with Atari, then ask them what your options are, i.e., refund, credit, etc. Ultimately, while it is technically Atari's responsibility to troubleshoot the product, it's Valve's to compensate you for the problematic purchase.

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

Archived