Forums are back in action! ×

I guess it's a good thing I hung onto my old jeans.

Eurydice

My favorite jeans and I had a difference of opinion this morning. I wanted to wear them without hunting down a belt, and even with them being fresh out of the dryer I could still slide them on and off without unbuttoning or unzipping them.

So I dug around in the back of the closet and unearthed the stack of jeans from back before I gained fifteen pounds, probably four years ago. The size 8s fit me like a glove (my usual size is 10). The size 6s - well, fit me like the kind of jeans we all wore back in the 80s where putting them on involved about ten minutes of jumping up and down and a good friend with one foot on the bedpost, but I was physically capable of putting them on, zipping them up, and buttoning them, even if that was about as long as I wanted to wear them.

It's funny because those jeans were actually in a pile of clothes that I haven't gotten around to taking to Goodwill yet. I figured I was being kind of delusional in keeping them in the hopes that I'd someday fit back into them, and it was time to face reality and get rid of them. Procrastination to the rescue once more!

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

My favorite jeans and I had a difference of opinion this morning. I wanted to wear them without hunting down a belt, and even with them being fresh out of the dryer I could still slide them on and off without unbuttoning or unzipping them.

So I dug around in the back of the closet and unearthed the stack of jeans from back before I gained fifteen pounds, probably four years ago. The size 8s fit me like a glove (my usual size is 10). The size 6s - well, fit me like the kind of jeans we all wore back in the 80s where putting them on involved about ten minutes of jumping up and down and a good friend with one foot on the bedpost, but I was physically capable of putting them on, zipping them up, and buttoning them, even if that was about as long as I wanted to wear them.

It's funny because those jeans were actually in a pile of clothes that I haven't gotten around to taking to Goodwill yet. I figured I was being kind of delusional in keeping them in the hopes that I'd someday fit back into them, and it was time to face reality and get rid of them. Procrastination to the rescue once more!

You mean the ones we used to have to hook a coathanger through the zipper pull while sucking our guts in as much as possible?
You mean the ones we used to have to hook a coathanger through the zipper pull while sucking our guts in as much as possible?

The very ones.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

Woot!

I had a pair of jeans back when I was twelve or so that tapered and had a zipper at the ankle, which was good because otherwise they'd never fit over your feet. Even so, taking them on and off often required assistance or at least extremely powerful yanking, though I don't remember how tightly they fit anywhere else. They couldn't have been too bad though; twelve was before puberty for me so I hadn't started gaining weight and was still tiny.

Archived