Forums are back in action! ×

The road to 200 pounds.

Hi everyone,

Over the past few years my weight has spiraled out of control. Like most obese people, there have been a number of times where I have lost a considerable amount of weight only to gain it all back again.

I'm not sure whether this is my 7th or 8th attempt at getting my life back--I've lost count.

Either way, I figured that writing about my efforts on a public forum might spur me on to finally reach my goal.

200 pounds for me is a significant number. You see, it is approximately 90.7 kilograms (we use the metric system in Australia!). Therefore, being under 200 pounds would mean that I would, for the first time since high school, be in the 80's.

I weighed in at the start of this week at 125kg (275.58 pounds), which is two kilograms less than my highest overall weight of 127 kilograms (280 pounds), recorded early this year.

I know this will be a long, rough journey, that's why I am having short term goals. For instance, I hope to be under 120 kilograms (264.5 pounds) within two weeks.

Hopefully I will have lost a fair bit this week!

Welcome aboard! The road is going to be tough, nobody is going to tell you otherwise, but the important thing is to understand that YOU can make it!

that's why I am having short term goals

Love this! And don't forget to give yourself a little prize every goal you reach! (Go buy that thing you always wanted if you reach X goals :) ). Rewarding yourself is important! :P

Best of luck! Waiting for your progress logs! ;)

I am an adventurer like you, didn't take an arrow to the knee, yet. :).

My rocket challenge!

Strength (STR) - 3 Dexterity (DEX) - 2

Stamina (STA) - 2 Constitution (CON) - 2

Wisdom (WIS) - 3 Charisma (CHA) - 3

You and I have similar goals and similar history! I too got tired of the weight roller coaster. I started at 286 and am currently down 30lbs, I started in October, so its been what seems like a slow burn. Im hoping to ramp up in august when I get done with school. Im looking forward to your workout logs, maybe we can help each other out! Welcome to the rebellion.

Archived