Forums are back in action! ×

I signed up a few weeks ago and I am only now decided to post something. My body weight has always been an issue, I have had a few good tries at losing weight, the best go at it was 2 years ago when I got down to 218 lbs from around 270lbs, I was running 3 miles almost everyday and I was feeling great.

Then we headed in to the winter and I took some time off from running and not eating as well as I had (BAD IDEA), I also got big in to the craft beer which was not helpful either. My body did maintain a weight of about 230lbs for a few months but then it all started to catch up with me and end up back around 270.

So here I am at the start of try number 3...

The Plan:

I am going to try and mix things up this time around Round 1 I was only lifting, Round 2 was only running, and Round 3 is going to be both.

I have started to do free weight lifts and running again. With only about a month back in to running my run time for a 5k is almost back to where I was at when I stopped. My Current weight is down to 241lbs, I think that i finally got everything on track and got the momentum that I have been trying to get rolling.

Looking forward to getting to know people and Helping other people as well

Human Adventurer Level 1

STR - 0() | DEX - 0(+4) | STA - 0() | CON - 0(+4) | WIS - 0(+3) | CHA - 0(+4)

6WC: #02

Twitter

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

-Lao-tzu

"Strength doesn't come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't."

-Author Unknown

Nothing is impossible. Even the word itself says "I'm possible"

-Author Unknown

I have not looked to much in to the Paleo diet as of yet. I have to say that my main focus has been on getting my running back to where it was. I was running sub 10 minute miles. I have been using Daily Burn as a resource to keep track of food and lifting, just trying to keep my calorie intake between 1600 and 1850 and do some sort of exerciser at each day even if it is just a 30 minute walk.

The 1st few weeks where hard, I would have good progress during the week and then screw up on the weekends. This past weekend was the 1st one where I ended up a head, with a full day of eating out. I am also kind in a crunch mode to drop as much as possible as I have a cruise coming up at the end of the month and I really want to hit the 218lbs again and go beyond that for GOOD!!!

As for knowledge just read read read and research. Over the years at trying to lose weight and just become health I have read many books and web sites. If any anything I would suggest giving Master Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels a read, a lot of stuff in the book makes a lot of sense.

One other piece of advise that I have learned from reading Steve's blog is just try to just one more then before. If you are starting with walking do a few more minutes that the last time you walked, if you are lifting do 1 more rep then you did last time. That means that you are strong then the day before.

Human Adventurer Level 1

Twitter

-Lao-tzu

"Strength doesn't come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't."

-Author Unknown

-Author Unknown

Good to see you guys connecting.

GuruGuy: Try and Try again, thats all you need to do to get where you want to be, and i'm fairly sure its one of the Rules of the Rebellion. Set those small achievable goals on your way to world domination and you'll get there.

As a warrior guild leader, i've gotta recommend trying strength training as an awesome way to burn energy hard and fast.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Sounds like you are trying to recruit some Warriors... I think for now i am going to stick with being an Adventurer for now.

I am not sure if pure strength is going to be the path for me. I really got in to running 2 years back and LOVED, and i just do not know why I was unable to get my self back in to running last year. I am more of a jack of all, master of non or its just that I am just looking to find something that I want to master.

Human Adventurer Level 1

Twitter

-Lao-tzu

-Author Unknown

-Author Unknown

Archived