Forums are back in action! ×

A Swede joins the fray

Hi all! Long time lurker (well, maybe not LONG-longtime, but pretty long) that finally took the plunge and joined up.

So a short summary of me and my fitness-background: As the title states I'm a Swede, and ginger to boot! Recently reached 27 years of age, currently a university student (English litt. and writing), and I am a total sucker for heavy metal (and other music, but mostly metal).

I was a really flaky guy when it came to training most of my life, despite having a veteran marathon runner for a father (it did however give me a view on long distance running that is a bit more extreme than what I've gathered is more common). I usually got into a spree of regular training for a couple of months, and then I got distracted by something and lost pretty much all I gained and had to restart the cycle from scratch. But then, somewhere around the spring of 2010 something clicked into place in my head and I stopped getting distracted. I realized that I loved the workouts more than the slacking, that I liked how good it felt being able to run 10km without wanting to die, that I could almost kinda justify my vices by saying "hey, I've trained hard this week. Why not some debauchery?", and ..stuff.

These days I have changed/improved my arguments for living healthier, cleaned out my diet from the most stupid stuff, dropped down from +80-ish kilos to a leaner and meaner 72kgs, removed or reduced many vices (not getting rid of my beer though), and have surpassed any previous physical peaks I've achieved over the years - including my time in the Swedish Army.

As for my reasons of joining? I'm a nerd, I like fitness, and NF has been downright excellent in presenting fun stuff I can challenge myself with. I see no reason NOT to join. Plus, you seem like a fun bunch to hang out with on ze interwebz. ;)

-

Battle Log - Fitocracy - Twitter -

Anti-villain extraordinaire

Welcome! I have the same problem with debauchery calling my name... but I'm getting a lot better at fighting it off.

This is a super fun group. You and your nerdy ass gaming dog will fit in well :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

Thanks guys! I still believe that there will always be a place for debauchery in my life, the trick seems to be being smart about choosing where and when there is room for it. Like my christmas-comes-early event in august: Wacken Open Air, there will be beer, there will be deep fried mini-calzones, and I will apply all those squats into offering cute girls to sit on my shoulders if they're having trouble seeing the stage.

-

Battle Log - Fitocracy - Twitter -

Anti-villain extraordinaire

Awesome intro - sounds like you're definitely hitting the ground running. I'm hoping the click in my head in February endures as well as yours has. I've been distracted away from my goals before.

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

Archived