Forums are back in action! ×

New to the forums and this site. Currently "training" for a figure competition with a group--not doing the greatest job with this. I don't especially want to compete (though I would love to LOOK like a competitor) and have been sabotaging my efforts--had a huge binge this Saturday night through last night: alcohol, tobacco, stuffing my face with anything and everything. Haven't worked out since Friday. Attempting to stay consistent with low-carb/paleo because carbs/sugar and dairy seem to make me explode with zits. This is not particularly pleasant, and yet I still binge from time to time like a jackass.

Hoping to get my shit together, basically. Any tips/tricks/motivation is helpful. Thanks!

Motivation has to come from within. I recommend some time looking inward. Here's my advice. Take some time right now. This second. Stop everything you're doing. Close your eyes, and think for 1 minute about who you are, and who you want to be, and why you want to be that person.

Good luck.

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

Also think about long term goals and break them down in to smaller goals. So that you can see the progress that you are making towards the smaller goals, and before you know it will have completed the bigger goal. and i agree with VorJoshign, you need to find the spirit with in, to make things happen. When it comes down to it you are only responsible for one person that that is your self.

Question for you tho... If you say that you really do not want to "Train" for figure competition then why are you? If you are looking to get health and fit maybe you need to look at doing something that you are going to enjoy rather training for something that you are not that in to...

Human Adventurer Level 1

STR - 0() | DEX - 0(+4) | STA - 0() | CON - 0(+4) | WIS - 0(+3) | CHA - 0(+4)

6WC: #02

Twitter

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

-Lao-tzu

"Strength doesn't come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't."

-Author Unknown

Nothing is impossible. Even the word itself says "I'm possible"

-Author Unknown

Archived