Forums are back in action! ×

Losing weight for the zombie apocalypse

I'm brand new here, but I've been losing weight steadily for the past 4 months now, I've already lost 36 pounds. I have 56 more pounds to lose to reach my ultimate goal of being medically "normal."

But losing weight is not where my fitness goals end. I also want to be able to survive the zombie apocalypse when it comes (and it will, I believe it will). This means being able to outrun the undead hoard. To this end I run 5-6 days a week, alternating between sprint days, speed days (running a mile at maximum speed), and endurance days (jogging at a moderate pace for maximum distance).

Diet-wise I am a calorie counter. I try to eat as much fresh food as possible, I stock up on veggies at the farmers market and I only buy meats that have been produced in a humane manner (I refuse to eat sweat-shop meat, food should be allowed to run free before I eat it). Even so, I allow myself to eat whatever I want as long as I can fit it into my calorie allotment. This means that if I want pizza I can have a slice, I just can't have half of the pizza like I used to. The funny thing is, I almost never want that kind of food anymore, partially because I get a lot less bang for my caloric buck, but also because nowadays I feel icky after eating greasy, sugary and/or processed food.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. I'll probably be poking around the various threads in the weeks to come.

Welcome and congrats on the 36 pounds lost already.

Hmm, do you have insider knowledge on this zombie apocalypse that I should be aware of? Maybe I need to start working on my zombie fighting skills. =)

[table=align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windsoul Genasi Monk

STR 4 | DEX 5 | STA 3.25 | CON 3.75 | WIS 6 | CHA 3.25

[/table]

Welcome. I'm sure you already know of it but if you have the right phone (I have an iPhone and it's on that don't know about Android) Zombies, Run is just the thing for your goals :)

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Archived