Forums are back in action! ×

Workout Music

Vickyloo

Right now I like listening to the album "Megalithic Symphony" by AWOLNATION. It's pumpy enough and I really enjoy listening to it while I'm on the elliptical. The album also has a 15 minute long song called Knights of Shame which works really well for me. Before it used to be "Torches" by Foster the People (not exactly what typical workout music would be, but it worked well enough for me).

If you went to Penn State and didn't say Zombie Nation...well then you obviously didn't go to Penn State.

I don't know if I could ever narrow it down to just one, but depending on my workout and in no particular order:

If you want blood (you've got it)

Remember the Name

Headstrong

Last Resort

Lose Yourself

Animal I have Become

Riot

Shout 2000

Indestructible

Numb/Encore

Crawling

Bleed it Out

Burning Down the House (the one by the Used)

Your Hand in Mine

Gladiator, 300, or Braveheart Soundtracks

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Race: MALIETOA

Class: WARRIOR

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

I find that the Dark Knight soundtrack is good for approximately everything. Especially Like A Dog Chasing Cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8-XarUUxM0

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

A Perfect Circle - "Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums"

Angelspit - "Paint Hell Red"

Depeche Mode - "A Pain that I'm Used to"

Combichrist - "Without Emotions"

Daft Punk - "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger"

there are more songs of course, but these are the ones that always make me kick it into high gear.

"The Final Fight" music from the last episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Here:

Nooooooo! It's great music, but I only got till the last quarter of season six. And now I wasn't watching myself and I started reading the comments. Should've known there'd be spoilers, but I didn't think.

In terms of Buffy and music, of course the whole Once More With Feeling (musical episode), with I Will Walk Through The Fire as my favourite, is always an option!

Symphonic/Opratic things.

Either the full LotR symphony or the whole a Wagner/Verdi opera (right now, the Ring cycle/Tristan und Isolde and La traviata are in rotation).

Hehe, I am with you on symphonic stuff. For me, that is (besides LotR etc.) mainly symphonic metal - try

(this is one of approx. 100 links I would like to give you ;) ) and Haggard (below)! Sometimes the old Nightwish (with Tarja), too.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rix - Level 2 Amazon Assassin

STR 7 | DEX 6 | CON 7 | STA 5 | WIS 7 | CHA 4 | LVL 3

LVL 2 | LVL 1

Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.

Conan O'Brien

[/table]

I'm guessing there has been lots of threads on this but hey ho.

I'm struggling to come up with a workout playlist. So, I'm asking you to give me a little help in hand.

If you had to choose just one ultimate workout song, what would it be (and why)?

:D

For me, no question, it's "November Rain" by Guns N Roses.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maester of the Citadel - Scout

STR: 2 DEX: 3 STA: 3 CON: 2 WIS: 2 CHA: 3

"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."

Not strange at all - I do this too. I like, especially on the long runs, to listen to something with continuity. I've been listening to American Idiot a lot lately, since it's a musical, but also up-tempo rocky music (mostly).

You've just reminded me what a great album that is! I'll have to search around for my copy and add it to my playlist!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

Should've known there'd be spoilers, but I didn't think.

Oh no, Rix, I'm so sorry, it didn't even occur to me to add a spoiler warning. I don't think S7 is the best one, but it's still an amazing piece of television and worth seeing.

"she interpreted falling down not merely as a means of improving, but as evidence that she was improving." - Matthew Syed on Shizuka Arakawa.Frost elf assassin after 4 challenges: STR: 11 | DEX: 12 | STA: 7.5 | CON 5 | WIS 7.5 | CHA: 5.5My Fitocracy profile"

I would have to go with Lose Yourself by Eminem, Hero of War by Rise Against, or almost anything by Skillet.

NinjaSamurai

Gnome Scout/Ranger

STR: 2 DEX: 3 STA: 4 CON: 2 WIS: 2 CHA: 2

"Why do we fall, Master Wayne? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up."

Est solarus oth mithas. - My honor is my life.

Archived