Forums are back in action! ×

Designing a Weight Training Program Using Suitcases/Luggage Filled with Stuff...

ETFnerd

I was wondering if anyone had designed an overall strength/resistance program using just suitcases or other luggage filled with stuff...

did some searching and didn't really find anything... i'm pretty sure i'm not the first to think of this...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

No, you're not the only one to think of that. I do that with my p90x exercises because I can't afford to buy dumbbells or kettlebells. What I do is, I take 2 to 3 two-liter bottles of water, wrap them in old shirts for padding, then stick them in an old backpack or dufflebag. The good points are that it's dirt cheap if you already have the bags, it's easy to adjust the weight, and when you add/subtract bottles you know exactly how much weight you're using. The bad points are that my bags don't have good handles so they swing around a lot, they're big and bulky so they can limit your range of motion on certain exercises, and I seriously doubt the zippers are going to hold over the long haul.

Hotel Room Workout.

Or you could do bodyweight stuff because that probably isn't up to your strength levels.

Something focussing on front levers, pistol squats, L-sit pullups or pullovers, one-arm pushups (I don't know if you've ever trained planche so I wouldn't recommend it as balance will be the limiting factor, not strength), handstand pushups against a wall and maybe natural GHR's.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

Archived