Forums are back in action! ×

How's it going

Hello I’m Dale 35 from Ireland, Long-time reader of Nerf Fitness so I decided to join the fray.

Have played rugby all my life till about 4 years ago, since then I have not trained at all got fairly unfit and didn’t like where I was so decided to change it . Started training last July and ran my First Adventure race in September last year really enjoyed it.

I want to get strong again and fast I am struggling with training so though joining here would help, any tips are welcome!

Hi Dale!!!

I've got a faint faint idea of how rugby works, and it's a damn impressive sport!!! I get tired merely watching football over whiskey Sunday mornings! And wow, good on you for running after training for just a couple months.

I am a horrible runner so have no tips :/ Feel free to browse through the forums and ask a bazillion questions, there are tons of people who've gone through a similar journey as you. There's one section specifically for running:Scout's Field, as well as sections for strength training, etc.

Overall, sounds like you're at a good starting point, and if you need help with setting goals as well as specific training ideas, you've come to the right place!

Archived