Forums are back in action! ×

Gooey outside, hard centre

I've been overweight my entire life. About 2 years I started to go on a diet and started cycling for exercise. At that point I weighed 160Kg. My weight had dropped just below 100Kg after a year. At that point I went on a break with dieiting and exercising because I was busy with some changes in my life. This turned out to be a bad idea since I gained 30Kg again in a year and a half. I've tried to start training and dieting again to lose the weight again. Unfortunatly it hasn't clicked like it did back then and haven't been able to stick to it.

This time I'm going to focus again on my eating habits and regular exercises. I'm going succeed this time by setting short term goals to make sure I'm setting that next step to a better health. Last week I started with the Rebel Fitness Guide and removing the carbs from my diet. I say I really like the compund exercises.

My current short term goals are:

Exercise regularly

Keep track of my exercises on fitocracy

Lower the carbs in my diet

Evaluate my progress and goals every week and make changes where needed.

I'm not sure on my long term goals yet. Currently I'm thinking of going with weight training. I've always been very strong, probably because of all the extra weight I am carrying around. As an alternative I've been thikning of picking up a martial art, probably something like muay thai. But my current condition is probably more suited for weight lifting. I could also start with weight lifting and pick up a martial art further down the road. I want to decide what I'm going to do at the end of june beginning of july. I should have plenty of time to get used to regular exercises and some time to think of what my next steps will be. And it's about the time that summer vacation starts so I have plenty of time then to start somethin new.

I had to look up the kilo to pound conversion, lol. here's the good thing though, you already know you're capable of getting fit cause you've already had success in the past. you'll do great, just keep plugging away at it.

I didn't think about it like that. I was beating myself over the head for letting it slip back so far without doing anything usefull about it. But ofcourse I should just keep busy with the next step back to a healthy lifestyle. And I should remember to convert the numbers just so used to using the metric system.

Nah, you don't have to convert. We all have google. ;-)

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you have a great start. I hear so many people say, "I'm too heavy for...." But I'm heavy and find that I do as well jumping into most stuff as those of normal weight. It's not so much your weight as your will to try/succeed. Some stuff you do have to have a certain fitness level, but you'll know when you're ready for that. Don't let your weight hold you back.

At the same time, I LOVE lifting, and if you get into that, there's a great group to help you perfect your lifts. It's a different kind of beast to conquer, but it's still fun to learn the lifts, get better, and get stronger. And say things like RAWR and MOAR LIFTING!

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

Archived