Forums are back in action! ×

CrossFit WOot!

Guest Snake McClain

Guest Snake McClain

I know I said I was going to take some time from the forums for a bit and I still am (don't worry I'm still working at my challenge goals), but I just had to tell you guys about this.

Here in Indianapolis we have groupon (is this every where?). Todays deal was 3 introductory and 24 full crossfit classes for $50. So yeah. I had to buy that stuff.

I get to start crossfit next week! WOO!

even though it will only be temporary because of income. still awesome.

Snake McClain over and out.

woot! signing up is a huge step!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Have fun! A groupon-type thing was how I got started. Financially, it didn't make sense to pay for a membership until I knew I liked it. And now I'm completely hooked (and paying for a membership . . .)

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

I'm pretty sure crossfit would kill me.

I'm pretty sure I'm ready to die....

You are. Now that you are smoke free (what?! you go!).

I do crossfit workouts but without the crossfit people. My husband LOVES the "box", the "WODs", the "met cons". I don't like the chicks in running shorts and knee socks. LOL. So he goes while I do my own thing.

But I have to say, crossfit is a really awesome workout. When you go, be careful with scaling things and with the AMRPs. Those can both lead to a whole lot of hurt...

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Sorry. Scaling = making sure instructor offers you options at your level where you really are. For example, if you can't do pullups, use a big fat band. Quality of scaling depends on instructor and student. There is a lot of competition to do what everyone else is doing and to do more. You can end up hurt if you can't do box jump burpees. Maybe you just want jumping jacks instead. Talk to the instructor and make sure s/he gets it and is offering good options.

AMRP = as many reps as possible in some amount of time. Warning: form generally suffers, especially with new folks. This can lead to injury. This is where a lot of the competition comes in. My husband came home boasting of his AMRP finish last night. Makes him feel really great.

I AM going the distance

Sorry. Scaling = making sure instructor offers you options at your level where you really are. For example, if you can't do pullups, use a big fat band. Quality of scaling depends on instructor and student. There is a lot of competition to do what everyone else is doing and to do more. You can end up hurt if you can't do box jump burpees. Maybe you just want jumping jacks instead. Talk to the instructor and make sure s/he gets it and is offering good options.

AMRP = as many reps as possible in some amount of time. Warning: form generally suffers, especially with new folks. This can lead to injury. This is where a lot of the competition comes in. My husband came home boasting of his AMRP finish last night. Makes him feel really great.

Thank you love!~ gotcha now!!!

Snake - you go man! You're gonna love it.

I AM going the distance

Guest Snake McClain

Just letting the gang know that I had an awesome warmup / workout there. Very educational and much better overall experience than the last inevitable looked St. I'm gonna enjoy this.

Archived