Forums are back in action! ×

Scored a goal!

Fogo

I've been playing ice hockey now for a few years, and have two full seasons under my belt. Last night was the first game of our new season, and I finally managed to score a goal! I've had plenty of assists and near misses, but last night I finally got one! w00t!!1!!1! (We ended up winning too, 7-4, so that was a bit w00t there too.)

Great job! I'm an able-bodied sledge hockey player been playing for 8 years or so. I can score goals in practice and scrimmage but I've never gotten one in a game. Quite a few assists and a few penalties (all bad calls from the ref of course!) but never a goal. Had a dream the other night that it finally happened and it was a beauty! Now I have to wait til October to even get back out on the ice :(

Wish I could say mine was pretty, but it was more of a lunging swing at the puck after someone knocked me down. Just managed to hit it hard enough to get it in the net. Though, in the end, it doesn't really matter how pretty it is, as long as it counts, right?

Best friend's younger sister is disabled. Did a lot of stuff with the family growing up. I played with them all thru high school and then stopped for college. Picked it back up a few years later after realizing there was a team here. There are quite a few Team Canada guys in the area so I get to practice with them often when they're not out of the country.

Did you have to look up sledge or did you already know what it was? I'm on a personal mission to spread awareness of the sport so I tend to mention it often. Not many people have heard of it :(

Best friend's younger sister is disabled. Did a lot of stuff with the family growing up. I played with them all thru high school and then stopped for college. Picked it back up a few years later after realizing there was a team here. There are quite a few Team Canada guys in the area so I get to practice with them often when they're not out of the country.

Did you have to look up sledge or did you already know what it was? I'm on a personal mission to spread awareness of the sport so I tend to mention it often. Not many people have heard of it :(

That's pretty cool. I've never played "sled" hockey, but the few times I've seen it played, all I can think is that those guys must have arms the size of tree trunks. I've never seen it played locally, but have watched a game or two online.

Archived