Forums are back in action! ×

Got a pull up bar!

RaeVynn

Pull up bars are the shiz nit! I just got one a month ago and I love it to death. It's amazing how much your back will thank you for giving it some attention.

Whiteraven

Monk

STR 5.75 | DEX 3.75 | STA 7.5 | CON 4 | WIS 6 | CHA 2

Equipment: The Gauntlets of the Wind SPD +1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To do anything in this world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in, and scramble through as well as we can.

Sydney Smith (1771 - 1845)

Current Six Week Challenge!

My NerdFitness Blog

My General Blog

Yes, it hangs in the doorway. I got it on Amazon, as I needed to find one that would fit wider doorways... all the ones at the local sports shop only went up to 32 or 34" door openings... ours are all 36" or wider.

We did have to figure out which doorway was thin enough for it to fit... and, we found one, but it is a tight fit. That's okay, I guess. We got this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LN9XJI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

It says it will hold up to 300 lbs (just it... your doorway may not. Be careful).. we wanted one that feels solid. It does "flex" a little, and the padded bars are already shredding a little where it rubs on the doorjams... but, it's all good. Really.

My husband can do those angled pull up things... it's too high up for me to do that without standing on a chair. I can reach it and try to pull myself up.

Have fun with it. A pull up bar is easily my most favourite piece of exercise kit that I have bought, even better than 'tiny', my 32kg kettle bell. Every increase in #pullups (from 0>1 and 8>10 stand out in my mind) makes you feel like a total bad ass ;) Enjoy!

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

It says it will hold up to 300 lbs (just it... your doorway may not. Be careful).. we wanted one that feels solid. It does "flex" a little, and the padded bars are already shredding a little where it rubs on the doorjams... but, it's all good. Really.

Rock on! Thanks for the info. I hadn't thought of that too much. I may hold off until I shed a few. I'm right around 240 right now, and having pulled some of the moulding around my doors off during remodeling, I doubt if it (the doorway) would really hold securely. Thankfully there's a playground not but a short jog away that should serve in the meantime!

Cowboy - Human Adventurer
STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Archived