Forums are back in action! ×

Brandon’s Battle Log

2021 Nerd Fitness Academy Respawn.

Starting with a daily food log.

Mon Feb 22, 2021: Black coffee 10oz; Popeye’s 5 piece chicken tender meal w/fries, biscuit, bbq dipping sauce, coke; 6 pack of ritz cheese & crackers; bowl of Cheerios with 2% milk; a chocolate hazelnut truffle; 2-3 chocolate hazelnut wafer sticks; salad with chicken, w/ranch dressing; 4-5 bottles water.

Current weight: 339 lbs.

Not the healthiest start, but you got to start somewhere!

Tues Feb 23, 2021: 10oz of black coffee; bowl of oatmeal with some nuts and dried fruit; 2 hawaiian rolls made into sandwiches with chicken and cheese; some Cheetos; 2 packs of 100 cal walnuts and almonds; couple handfuls of mixed nuts; bbq chicken breast, baked potato, toast, white chocolate truffle; couple bottles of water.

Still not the best but better. After getting off work I seem to loose all self control.

Wed Feb 24, 2021: 10oz of black coffee; bowl of oatmeal with nuts and dried fruit; grilled chicken tenders, a (very) small salad with ranch dressing, 2 rolls; couple of handfuls of mixed nuts, 3 chocolate hazelnut wafer sticks, chocolate hazelnut truffle; chicken and artichoke with rigatoni pasta, topped with cheese; had sweet tea to drink with dinner.

Looks like I need to come up with a better strategy. Too many nuts and definitely too many sweets. I feel my breakfast is pretty good though.

My Big Why

To complete this quest, you’ll simply need to write out (on paper) your own personalized “Big Why.” Challenge yourself to dig deep and be honest about what is going to motivate you when times get tough. Optionally, you can hang or frame this paper in an area where you will see it every day!

Let someone else know why you want to change your life! To complete this quest, share your personal “Big Why” with someone important to you, your accountability group, or the Academy Facebook Group.

I want to get up every morning and be proud of who I am. I want to be able to walk and even stand when I get to old age. I want to be able to live as long as possible and without the assistance of any medical treatment or devices. I want to be able to take care of my own property and keep it up myself.

• Like 1

Thurs Feb 25, 2021: 10oz coffee; bowl of oatmeal (1/3 cup old fashion oats, water); 2 sliders (Hawaiian roll, deli chicken, colby jack cheese), small bag of Doritos (150 cal); a plain mozzarella stick; 12 bbq chicken wings, 3 pieces of toast, a spoonful of Mac and Cheese.

Better overall but overdid it at dinner, especially with the toast. On a positive note (as far as eating better is concerned), today was a very rough day at work and I had the urge to grab some fast food and binge eat once I got off work. Knowing that I was going to log my food for the day was enough of a deterrent to get me to just go home instead. That was a huge win for me and I hope it’s something that works in the future. I’ve been drinking just water today but not nearly enough, I hope to get more in before bed.

Mon Mar 1, 2021: 10 oz of coffee; 1 oz almonds; 1 mozzarella cheese stick; half chicken sandwich (1 slice honey wheat bread; 2 slices deli chicken; cheddar cheese); small bag of Doritos; small cup of popcorn chicken; spicy chicken sandwich (which didn't taste very good); a hearty chopped salad with chicken in it.

Current weight: 333 lbs.

Loss of 6 lbs. since last weigh-in.