Forums are back in action! ×

My knees are killing me

Fable

Today, I had my usual warm-up, went running as usual with the same form as I always do (pretty good imho), did my usual workout, usual cooldown and then spent ~2 hours sitting in front of the computer. Nothing special. But my knees started to hurt like hell when I stood up and started to walk. Does any of you have any idea why did this happen all of a sudden? I've been working out every day as a part of my 6-week challenge, but didn't have any problems so far at all (not even muscle soreness). Last time I went running was Tuesday, so I'm not running that much.

My introduction My 6-week challenge

Gamers raising money for kids in Africa - Sharecraft 2012 - please consider donating

I apologize for any grammar errors in my posts. English is a foreign language for me.

Today, I had my usual warm-up, went running as usual with the same form as I always do (pretty good imho), did my usual workout, usual cooldown and then spent ~2 hours sitting in front of the computer. Nothing special. But my knees started to hurt like hell when I stood up and started to walk. Does any of you have any idea why did this happen all of a sudden? I've been working out every day as a part of my 6-week challenge, but didn't have any problems so far at all (not even muscle soreness). Last time I went running was Tuesday, so I'm not running that much.

Where is the pain located relative to your knee(front, back, inside, outside?), and what does it feel like? Hard to give input without knowing what your symptoms are.

I've dealt with Iliotibial Band Syndrome in the past, but that's just one of many possible knee ailments. If you describe your problem, some of us may be able to suggest possible causes(or give you a "get to the doctor!").

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

First thing I'd do is drink about of water with about an 1/8 tsp salt and some lemon juice. Sometimes dehydration can cause muscle soreness or cramps. Maybe eat a banana too.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Archived