Forums are back in action! ×

Get it done

Hi, my name is Nikki and I'm 27. Let's see.... I have been overweight since I was 7 or so. To be honest I have been lazy, and a very unhealthy eater. (I have a skittles addition, but it has gotten much better). I have lost big amounts of weight and gained it right back over the last several years. I have tried and failed at multiple diets. So, with that being said, I realize I have to make a lifestyle change.

At the end of March I started cutting out all fried food from my diet. A few weeks ago, I started cutting out all carbs. I started exercising, and have dropped 25 pounds. I was looking on the computer for some good recipes to make, and came across the paleo diet. I thought to myself, yea I can do that! Then, I stumbled across Nerd Fitness, and this place is a nugget of greatness!

Right now I'm weighing in at 255. Yikes! I want to lose 100 pounds. My goal is to go on a hike through the Grand Canyon. This is something I have always wanted to do, but I have never shared it with anyone. By next May I want to accomplish this goal. I know its going to be hard as HELL, but I'm ready. Any helpful advice will be greatly appreciated!

- Nikki

Gnome Adventurer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 2/DEX 1/STA 2/CON 4/WIS 4/CHA 2

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Welcome and good luck to you! I truly believe paleo/primal eating is the way to go...at least for me, others have different opinions.

I have a jelly bean addiction myself :D With paleo type eating, it is no longer a problem...fruits and berries are now as sweet as candy for me.

Good luck on your goals, the grand canyon is awesome!

awesome!! good luck. my vice is peanut m&m's. i kinda conquered it by buying a big bag, and mixing a 1/4 cup of the candy with a 1/4 cup each of almonds, cashews, and craisins. it makes a nice trail mix that satisfies my junk food need.

and check out http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/ girl lost a lot of weight just watching what she ate and walking every where.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Urban Scout

STR - 6 DEX - 6 STA - 11 CON - 2 WIS - 4 CHA - 6

My Epic Quest: http://tinyurl.com/7ey2ylw

Most Recent Mission: Visit Chichen Itza (Completed 11/18/12)

I am currently: Level 3 (0% to Level 4)

Welcome!! And way to go on your progress so far, those first few steps of cutting out the chemicals are HUGE, especially when our bodies are used to getting that stuff :)

I stumbled here while looking up food-related sites as well, and I definitely wouldn't be so far along if I hadn't found this place. Six months ago if you told me I'd be in a gym hoisting "real" weights three times a week I would've thought you were on acid :) Much more so that I would be ENJOYING it.

So cheers to already conquering the first steps of your amazing journey, and here's to finding things you love to do and making new friends along the way!!

Thanks guys! I'm super pumped on here. I have a good group of supports here at home, and i feel like I'm going to find some awesome ones here as well.

Gnome Adventurer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 2/DEX 1/STA 2/CON 4/WIS 4/CHA 2

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived