Forums are back in action! ×

From the Ashes, I Rise

Background: I feel like I'm in a constant state of being overwhelmed. At work, at home, with most aspects of my life really. My husband and I were trying to become foster parents, and after months of going through trainings, paperwork, background checks, fingerprints..., they told us that they think it would be best for us to hold off for another year or so. I'm trying to remain positive about it. A year does give us more time to prepare and focus our efforts on other aspects of our lives. The whole process also showed me that disaster planning is an important thing we should take into consideration as well. Finally, it also inspired me to renew my efforts for my own health. I have a surgery coming up in the next couple months and I would like to start a family of my own. My husband and I cannot conceive naturally so the only way to move forward with starting a family is through artificial insemination.  My weight is too high for the doctors to let me do that though. They won't move forward with that until my BMI is in a certain range, which comes out to roughly 200lbs. I currently have 66lbs to lose to get to that goal. 

So I have some broad areas that I want to focus on/journal about for accountability:

1. My Health (Mental and Physical)
  2. My Career (Associates RN and Learning Spanish)
  3. My Family (Wedding Planning and Spending Time with Family/Friends)
  4. My Home (House Projects and Foster Parenting Changes Disaster Planning)

Level 1 Elf Rebel Ranger

STR 0.15 || DEX 0.00 || STA 0.36 || CON 4.71 || WIS 6.47 || CHA 3.32

Character Profile || Fitbit

Battle Log || Current Challenge

15 hours ago, Tamesis said:

So I have some broad areas that I want to focus on/journal about for accountability:

1. My Health (Mental and Physical)
  2. My Career (Associates RN and Learning Spanish)
  3. My Family (Wedding Planning and Spending Time with Family/Friends)
  4. My Home (House Projects and Foster Parenting Changes Disaster Planning)

1. Today I woke up early. I was able to take my time getting ready for work. I ate a good breakfast and I found a document I was looking for last night. 
  2. At work today I was able to finally get caught up with everything. I have been so behind for weeks and it just feels like a weight has been lifted off me for me to be caught up. I did not work on any classwork though.
  3. I reached out to some friends that I haven't talked to in a while. It was nice getting in touch with them. My husband, brother-in-law and I, spent the evening together. We've started watching The Umbrella Academy and it is giving me mixed emotions.
  4. I did no house stuff today.

Level 1 Elf Rebel Ranger

1. I woke up early and ate a good breakfast today. I'm trying my hand at WW again and actually found myself struggling to use enough points today. That felt like a win to me.
  2. I am still caught up at work today. I did not do anything extra for studying though.
  3. I got to talk to some friends today. I also found myself really looking forward to spending time with my sister, niece, and nephew today. My sister and the kids came over and we worked on wedding planning together. I feel like I finally have a set theme and ideas to run with. It's nice to have my sister help rounding out my ideas.
  4. No house stuff was done by me today.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. We're having family over for my brother-in-law's birthday. We're having a cookout and I'm super excited. I'm finding that I like to host events at my house.

Level 1 Elf Rebel Ranger