Forums are back in action! ×

Leaving my surgery behind

Hey there!

My name is Caspar, 18 years old and I live in the netherlands near Amsterdam.

I found this site yesterday and it really caught my attention, I love the concept and I decided I wanted to make a change from my current lifestyle.

Almost a year ago I got a surgery for a severe scoliosis (80 degrees) and I've been slowly recovering, trying to get my act together, not only physically but mentally as well.

I've been running and doing bodyweight exercises for a few weeks now, and want to slowly start getting onto gym and lifting weights when my back allows me. I still get reminded by

my back that I got surgery daily but I am ready to live with it and be a better person because of it! I lost a lot of weight in the few months after the surgery and am now at a small 119lbs.

My goals (for now):

-Be strong to the point that I can do 20 proper pull ups in a row, and 30 pushups

-Finish a 10km race

-Gain 20lbs

I am also in the process of making a bucketlist similair to Steve's.

Believing that this site and it's forum will keep my eyes on my goals I believe that the next few months will be lifechanging ones.

Caspar

Yea you!!! Go!!! you can do it!!! I'm one year out from major ankle and knee surgery and am at my healthiest ever.

A big deal - celebrate your one year point. I did and it made a huge difference for me.

You can do this and this forum is a great place to be. Welcome!!!!!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I'm impressed by your determination. Some people would use the surgery as an excuse, but you didn't let it beat you. I can't wait to hear how much you improve over time.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Thanks both of you! It gives me hope that even after surgery people can still be more fit than the average joe if they set their mind to it. 14th of june (exactly one day before it's been a year) I'm having my last appointment with the surgeon and if things are looking well I'll definitely make sure to throw a party!

And thanks Elastigirl, I wont let you down! And yes it's easy to use surgery as an excuse, but i'd rather be a success story than a pity story. I'll try to keep you all updated as much as possible.

Thanks both of you! It gives me hope that even after surgery people can still be more fit than the average joe if they set their mind to it. 14th of june (exactly one day before it's been a year) I'm having my last appointment with the surgeon and if things are looking well I'll definitely make sure to throw a party!

And thanks Elastigirl, I wont let you down! And yes it's easy to use surgery as an excuse, but i'd rather be a success story than a pity story. I'll try to keep you all updated as much as possible.

Looking forward to hearing your updates

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Archived