Forums are back in action! ×

Rebuilding my dreams

So for one lets get it over with, I am fat. I have always been fat. When I was a child it was called baby fat and I would grow out of it. When I was a teenager I was told a growth spurt will take care of it. Then I started ignoring it all because obviously they were all wrong and I should have been getting myself help a long time ago. In college I attempted to make a fresh start and it worked for awhile... then I fell off since I could no longer pay for a gym membership and for South Beach. In my early 20s after college I tried again this time with a home exercising things and with a strict calorie intake. I managed to lose some weight but some personal issues and problems with drugs and alcohol that I used to get myself through those problems derailed that attempt.

I have since then made half hearted attempts at getting in shape and was even able to lose 20 lbs right before getting pregnant with my daughter. At first I didn't have a problem with the weight and then I just couldn't keep anything under control and gained 55lbs! ACK! I lost 20lbs right after the birth and had been struggling with the rest since then. Now my daughter is 2 and while in that time I have lost AND kept off another 16 lbs which I am happy about it.

I want to give a brief history of the last month. We were trying fertility treatments again to get pregnant and this time it wasn't working no matter what we did. I became tired of the struggle, the hoping and the failing that I had a break down over it. I made the decision that I was done with the treatments. It breaks my husband's heart but he is holding out hope that I will want to try again next year. So now that I no longer harbor the dream of having more children I decided I needed a new dream.

That is to be half my size in a year.

Right now I am 250 lbs so I belive 125 lbs is a good goal to get to. I want do this more then just getting through my pain. I want to show my daughter that you don't have to grow up fat.

My plan of action is two fold. I am going to try and follow the Paleo diet but modify it because I don't want to give up everything. I want to be more moderate in most foods though. I am also trying to be more active. I have started by taking walks with my daughter several times a day for about 30 minutes each. I am hoping to start swimming a few times a week this summer in the mornings. I also want to try getting into jogging.

Well that's my story, by the way if you are on FitnessPal please add me!

LadyGigiS! i would have to have some friends on there to keep me in check :)

Gigi

BTW - I love World of Warcraft, WoW Lore Nerd and in general a book worm :)

Hi LadyGigi,

Welcome :)

I think your motivation (to be a good role model for your daughter) is really inspiring.

What is it you're worried about giving up when 'going paleo'?

We're here to support you!

Sam

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Thank you!

And mostly cheese and bread. Partly because my husband would never agree to that diet, I have tried to persuade him several times. So instead of cutting it out completely I want to get to the point that moderation allows me to still have what I used to eat just not every day or every meal. But for the times I do eat cheese and bread I want to take the 'whole food' approach and only eat home made or ones that I can understand the ingredients. I already attempt that but haven't been too vigilant about it yet.

Cheese and bread are a wonderful combination! Mmmm, with butter... And home made bread :)

That sounds like a really good approach - and it'll keep you sane, too.

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

I just joined the rebellion too! Also motivated by my daughter (11 months). Keep it up, you can do it! I find that reminding myself that I am her example helps me alot. It's kind of become my mantra when the going gets tough. Best of luck!

Archived