Forums are back in action! ×

I've just joined the community. I found this entire website by happenstance; I stumbled upon the youtube video of the site's creator traveling across the world. I've always been interested in becoming more fit but I've always put it off until I found a source and method I thought was intelligent enough to suit my interests. I know I couldn't maintain fitness in spite of all its benefits if I was working with some trainer who had a sexy looking serratus anterior but was personally a moron. It'd be too humiliating and I couldn't get motivated. So when I happened upon this website it seemed like the right idea for me. I haven't read all of the articles yet but I'm getting through them and getting started on these methods with a friend of mine in a couple of weeks when we graduate as baccalaureates and have more time to focus on it. So our exact start date is June 4th which gives us time to graduate and to read through all of the material here and develop a clear methodical concept and a good plan for fitness.

I'm 5'10 and ~245 lbs. I've typically been about 220 lbs but I've been up on my weight since I turned 21 because I am in love with fine beers. The way fat sits on my body, I've never particularly looked like I was fat and I still don't. However, as my weight has been increasing I've begun to dislike the way it feels to have fat on my body. I've also never been in good shape even as a child so I'd like to see what life would be like if mild physical activity wasn't always a concentrated effort. I grew up in a household where everyone hated sports and physical activity so we never did any. I still hate sports and physical activity but I imagine I might like physical activity at least if I got in better shape.

I've always been pretty strong naturally, so I'm more interested in losing fat than building muscle because I never feel short of strength. I would like to develop slow-twitch muscle, however. I find I can lift or move just about anything I need to, as I also find a natural facility with moving things the most efficient way it is possible to do. However, I don't have very much endurance for doing so at length. I have plenty of fast-twitch muscle naturally but need to develop a lot more slow-twitch muscle. I'm not sure how to do that yet, but I'm sure this website will guide me.

I'm looking forward to being a part of your community.

Welcome! You'll find a lot of very supportive folks here, and a ton of good information, so you can educate yourself and not have to hire one of those sexy-but-dumb PTs. (I think PTs are hit or miss anyway... some of them are great, some give terrible advice.) I'd check out the "Scouts" board for lots of info on increasing cardio endurance.

Also, I now have this song stuck in my head, so I shall inflict it on you too. You're welcome.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

Okay, we like you, you can stay. :D

yeah, because ZenGwen's opinion overrules everyone elses.

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Archived