Forums are back in action! ×

I want to be a Pokemon Master of Fitness

So I signed up a while back, or got ready too, then I changed locations and had not internet... so I really couldn't do anything...

So I am a Canadian Girl from Saskatchewan in the middle of no where.

I am a lifeguard and a swim instructor

I will be attending college for a BA in Youth Ministry, a minor in biblical studies and a minor in psychology all of this will lead me into making a camp specifically for swimming, for fitness speed swimming, and straing kids at younger age to learn how to swim and to train people to be lifeguards in a Christian setting

Am I the only lifeguard out there?

Anyways my main goal is to bring back my cardio endurance back so I can complete the new NLS revisions for lifeguards better than what I have already attempted slash havn't. I also want to add strength for specifically arms and legs so when I am swimming I won't be relying on cardio alone I will have the strength to back it up. (Such as a stronger pull when making the s formation with arms in a front crawl)

So far I have come with a creative idea and hopefully with some help and comments I will have a Pokemon Workout completly made.

What I want to put in this workout for outcomes are as follows:

A point system to allow leveling up

A full week work out on the 7th day you face a gym leader and see what you accomplish...TBD

Earn badges

Some advance workouts for when one meets the Elite Four (Cardio/ Strength/ Circut/ ? / Master Equals total workout)

Gain cedrtain rare pokemon if encountering an added challenge in the week

Using the map, more from unova region and then when you reach a certain place something happens there to track progress

Everyday something must be done...I'm currently needing more excersizes for strength I have a number written down but none set in stone and would love opinions for more.

I personnaly am going to have about 1 1/2 a day an hour is for walking/jogging/running that's my peranal goal but I want to do my runs at night when it's cooler. Workouts to be done during day and than run at night. (currently waiting for the sun to go down a bit and my food to set to go out for a walk/jog tongiht...just bought a new pair of Livesstrong runners (total supporter) to start with... Also added to my running, that is to be done every other day so ?I don't kill myself, the days I do not run I need to swim laps at the pool, excluding the swimming lessons I already teach.

I want this workout finished by Sunday so I can start Monday so any helpers I would love to have! And if you would like to join, feel free!

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mixy-Chan, level 1 Elf scout

STR 3|DEX 3|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 2|CHA 2

[/TABLE]
So I am a Canadian Girl from Saskatchewan in the middle of no where.
But you repeat yourself. :)

I never played Pokémon, but it sounds like you've got some interesting ideas. Good luck and welcome!

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

Haha thanks I like being repiticious.

I still havn't figured everything out yet. I did however make a run/jog/walk tonight....for about an hour...possabky an hour and a half....my complication on the way...almost called an ambulance because as I turned a corner I turned back to see someone fell off their bike face down, hurt her shoulder tad bit...road rash...and almost fainted because of immediate pain.... asnd then I finished my run....It felt enerjizing!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

I recommend to focus on the exercises that train the main parts of your body and go from there, ie Squats, etc. But other than that, Welcome to the Rebellion! We have everything to help you on your quest to obtain more badges, from questions on Pokemon types to motivation via a Rare pokemon in a special poke ball. Just don't hesitate to ask! See you around!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I have three different types of squats right now. My problem is, is that all of the excersizes need to get harder in some way...because I am sure after 8 weeks doing squats should be harder, and more challenging. I have a list of exersizes to go with certain parts of the body and need more. Sigh.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

Hey your pokemon quest sounds awesome. :0

Are you basing your quest on a certain region or are you just going to visit a gym of every type before facing the elite four?

I guess your water gym will involve swimming, and your flying gym could be something that involves jumping and being in the air, rock and steel could be strength or endurance and psychic could involve something calming or something that involves a lot of mental concentration to do. I'd be interested to know what you have come up with. :) Sounds fun!

Level 1 - Half Orc - Adventurer

STR: 3 I DEX: 2 I STA: 2 I CON: 3 I WIS: 3 I CHA: 2 

Current Challenge

Oh my gosh I never even thought of that. That.....could really be done.... I might have to look into that. I was mainly searching for excerzies and adding the advanced ones later on as you progress through the levels and gyms...but that is a really great idea.....haha yes water would be swimming. I have planned basically though a two hour or 1 and a half every day an hour of running/walking/jogging every other day and the days I don't do that I have to swim aat least 1000 meters starting, and then add 100 or 200 meters at the end of each week. Theoreticly 1000 meters should take me 20 minutes...but that is not so. I have to swim 600 meters in 14 for my job and so 1000 meters for working on breath control is my main thing....that being said I accomplished that today....plus I walked for an hour from a split shift...|i watched ducks courting...there were some mean mallards...

Thanks for the idea, that was awesome, if you have anymore ideas, I would greatly appreciate it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]
Hey your pokemon quest sounds awesome. :0

Are you basing your quest on a certain region or are you just going to visit a gym of every type before facing the elite four?

I guess your water gym will involve swimming, and your flying gym could be something that involves jumping and being in the air, rock and steel could be strength or endurance and psychic could involve something calming or something that involves a lot of mental concentration to do. I'd be interested to know what you have come up with. :) Sounds fun!

Oh my gosh I never even thought of that. That.....could really be done.... I might have to look into that. I was mainly searching for excerzies and adding the advanced ones later on as you progress through the levels and gyms...but that is a really great idea.....haha yes water would be swimming. I have planned basically though a two hour or 1 and a half every day an hour of running/walking/jogging every other day and the days I don't do that I have to swim aat least 1000 meters starting, and then add 100 or 200 meters at the end of each week. Theoreticly 1000 meters should take me 20 minutes...but that is not so. I have to swim 600 meters in 14 for my job and so 1000 meters for working on breath control is my main thing....that being said I accomplished that today....plus I walked for an hour from a split shift...|i watched ducks courting...there were some mean mallards...

Thanks for the idea, that was awesome, if you have anymore ideas, I would greatly appreciate it

Oh yeah, that sounds like a swell Idea! You can even capture a Pokemon for each exercise or fitness level that you've achieved, reflecting the specific attack/trait that the pokemon bears. So for Lifting you can have Rock or Fighting Pokemon, for Swimming it's Water (obviously), for parkour or "high flying" You can have flying pokemon, for achievements involving your personal life, you can pick one depending on what you did, ie. for gardening you can have Grass, for reading you get Psychic, etc. This sounds like fun! So let's start with Training your first pokemon, which is...?

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

That sounds like a good idea too. I like the thought of capturing pokemon to reflect traits. Now for me...to say do lifting for rock...I really don't have access to any of it...well...maybe...I have a free membership at the gym through school...but I can't remember if it applies to the summer...

I suppose one could make their pokemon team from the start and they should pick pokemon that relects their current state such as.... if you are a little on the weaker side you should pick a first evolution pokemon, where as if your startig with a bit more choose a secondary evolution....no rares except strarter pokemon a the start. I think I have planned for every Thursday there will be an additional challenge for the day such as...go to a water workout class, or play an hour of just dance, and if you do that, you get that pokemon.

I can gaurentee my first pokemon will probably be a water pokemon....just...it's just my thing lol.

Hmm what would your ideal Pokemon team be?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

Every Thursday? Isn't that somewhat frequent? I think you should have your 'Gym battles' a little more spaced out, because they symbolize an arduous test like running a Marathon or something like it. But that's my opinion.

I'm not sure about an ideal, because it's been a while for me, but I know I'd start with a Fire pokemon.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

I suppose that might be really frequent. I was planning to have the gym battles at the end of every week, and if you think you are ready for it, go ahead and tackle it or train more before you do.

The think about this workout is it is really easy to make it easy from the start or start advance. I was goign to start the workout and go through and have my cardio and stregth top notch by the end. So if one were to do the gym battles and the elite four, it would come out to 8 or 10 weeks. but, so long as you have commitment, you have a workout. But it can be tailored to different people. I know I want to challenge myself for something extra every week, but I suppose I would want to space it out a little bit.

If one were to just want to run a marathon and get 8 badges that way, one could do that, and each badge is a certain goal until the come to the Elite four which is then where you start running half marathons, and at the end...a real marathon...that type of thing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

Ahhh I see. Heh heh, I was thinking that the Marathon would be 1 badge. But that might be too difficult. Well now that it seems like you have your system, it's time to start on your journey with your first Pokemon!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Yea I suppose I could start the journey....well maybe monday ?I want all the layouts done...and I have yet to go for a run tonight...I have yet to see me make that...I'm a little exausted from work... I had to guard for an hour, then I ate lunch got in the pool swam 900 meters with no time for a cool down and straight into three hours of swimming lessons where I had the equivalant of 300 meters and saving a kid... So if I can't run tongiht, I have to at least walk...

I need strength excerzies to fit into a workout that will last at least 45 minutes...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]
Yea I suppose I could start the journey....well maybe monday ?I want all the layouts done...and I have yet to go for a run tonight...I have yet to see me make that...I'm a little exausted from work... I had to guard for an hour, then I ate lunch got in the pool swam 900 meters with no time for a cool down and straight into three hours of swimming lessons where I had the equivalant of 300 meters and saving a kid... So if I can't run tongiht, I have to at least walk...

I need strength excerzies to fit into a workout that will last at least 45 minutes...

Wow, you saved a kid!? That's amazing! In terms of Strength exercises, Push-ups, Pull-ups, Squats, Sit-ups would fit perfectly in 45 mins. you can do this several ways you can see how many you can do in 1 min. and then try to beat that record, I do 30 seconds of say Push-ups, followed by 30 seconds of Squats and then rest for 45 seconds and then do another 30 seconds of two more exercises and then rest, and so on

But however you figure it out, it's best for you.

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Yea, the kid was in my swimming lessons and he let go of the noodle where could not touch so swam to him grabbed his noode and then all was good! Not a huge saving but one that needed to be done.

Yea, I will probably do squats...an easier push up because I broke...no you can;t break the elbow....did something to my elbow and they casted my arm wrong and so now my arm is twisted does not look right and can't do things normally I have never done a correct push up sense.... but my motivation to make one tongiht is really not there...my body and mind are not attatched right now to think....would be bad...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

Hey a Life saved is a Life saved, Just think about it this way, would he have drowned if no one helped him? See there you go, You give yourself too little credit!.... Heh heh, grabbed his noodle....

Well you could've broken the Radius or the ulnar bones right at the Notch causing your elbow to be 'broken' because the two bones can't align properly, that being said it's going to take you quite a bit of effort to do a proper push-up, but that's not saying that it's impossible, but it's like using an electric-type against a Rock-type Pokemon, if you're strong enough you can overcome them! But right now it sounds like you need rest first. Sound Mind Sound body!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Well, I was able to get out of the house so that was a plus. I felt good after...and now I'm sore...Im really trying to decide whether I take a break from swimming tomorrow and just chill...I have to walk for six and a half hours anyways...plus an hour and a half of lessons...and I think I may have pushed myself today. I know my legs want to murder me I'm sure.

Well my only plan tonight is get a layout design for my first week to become a Pokemon Master, that's all I want done tongiht....then...fall asleep to watching Castle...and sleep in!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

Archived