Forums are back in action! ×

Epic quest of feeling better.

Hello,

I am Nemo and I joined Nerd fitness in 2016 or something but fell out pretty quickly after that due to my changes in life.

Now I am in a stable position, I moved countries 4 years ago but I am used to it now, used to the house, the food, the culture the partner. And I am not longer a freelancer who worked stupid hours I got a stable job where people are cool with me saying “I can’t work tonight, or this weekend” so I think I am in a better position to now focus on ME.

I saw my old post of November 2016. Starting point then was 67,7… I am 10 extra kilo’s now. Which is not a great new starting point but that’s life.

I want to do this challenge for myself and see how I do.

My goal: Feel better!  

I know it’s hard to measure but I feel tired/demotivated ALL THE TIME. It’s hard for me to fall asleep and even if I had a good night sleep I feel sluggish during the next day.
I never had the ambition to look like a model. I want to FEEL good for me. Looks are very 2nd (3rd, 4th) rank of importance to me. Who am I to impress anyway. I’m good with what I got.

How to do it is the trick...
For now I got some short term goals in the challenges, and i'll (hopefully) stay doing the challenges on short term goals which would  lead to a long term things.

Long term goals:

1. I would like to have a BMI of 25 (or less) 
1+. I know 70 kilos will get be on 25 but 65kilo's sounds great. I looked best at 62 in the best. 

2. Be able to walk(not run!) 5 km without stopping

I've a bad knee, i now have exercises and support so I do much better but i need to be consistent in practises  to get this working 

3. Have low key exercise as part of my basic routine. 
I am not saying I want to go to the gym everday I don't think that's sustainable. 
I'm looking at taking the dog for walks, do my knee exercises properly etc. maybe we're looking at 30min a day. that would already be great if that just "fits" without making en effort.

4. Do more of my epics
I made an epic list back in 2016 (when my health was better I have to admit)
but it's fun to look at it and see i did some of these things without look at the list in years.
4+. Get married.. -> New Epic)

i've been engaged for YEARS I do hope to do this one day in good spirits and you might think it doesn't have to do with health but it does.. the stress and frustrations around this is crazy

Starting point 21/03/2022
Not sure why the icon is a dude, I'm a woman but I'll try and fix that later

Spoiler

2022-03-21.jpg.a0bbb1156abfe6feedc921dfa530c35c.jpg

• Like 1

Challanges; #1, #2, #3

Battle Log | Epics