Forums are back in action! ×

Wanna Draw a comic?

Guest Snake McClain

Guest Snake McClain

Hi everyone. I'm going to toss out a bit of back story here and hope that you hang with me.

So I've always really REALLY been into comics. And I've always been a pretty solid writer. However I can't draw. Like...at all. Like at all at all. Maybe a little but not enough to be able to make a comic/graphic novel. Thing is I can't pay anyone to draw, just as I'm not getting paid to write. but i need an artist. i want to finally make a finished product and get it out there and really get this done and make it happen. I've tried in the past but just could not find anyone that would be willing to do it who's art work was quality. i figure if my writing is quality the visual aspect should be as well. only fair. Now since I cannot pay an artist I am more than willing to go halfsies on cost of material (board, pens, and all that) if they were not doing the work digitally.

I don't want to give away much in the way of story here but this is what I can tell you. Real world like what we have here. Some people have super powers. Some don't. More drama than action. Lots of dialogue. But when the action is good it means something. it's not just a splash page every other page of fist fights. The story is more of a journey of characters to understanding themselves as people. super powers just happen to be involved.

I also have a story in mind for a zombie super hero character.

And lots of other stuff.

that said if anyone is interested then please PM me and I am more than willing to send a sample of my early draft of THIS script and give you a chance to draw it in the style YOU envision it. Also I would send character write ups so you know what they are supposed to be like etc. that way you know what to start with. Then we can decide if my writing style and your art style work well together or not.

Help me nerdy-one-fitobi. you're my only hope.

Guest Snake McClain

also let me add that in lieu of payment when/if the comic gets published we would split proceeds 50/50 however i would keep the rights to the name as it is my creation. that is all.

Archived