Forums are back in action! ×

The reality fantastic

Hey!

Um, I guess I should introduce myself. I am a runner, a thinker and dreamer, a writer, painter and explorer, and of course - a rebel nerd! ;D Here cause I need to learn how to get really strong, really healthy, and how to help others do the same. I already noticed that there are a good few wise persons around this forum and so I would like to humbly ask to be accepted as a potential Fit Nerd in training.

I come from the Welsh Borders in the UK, I'm 23, and as well as running I ride horses and walk. I'm running a marathon in September (my half marathon times are 2:01, 1:58 and 1:53) and I also aim to be able to do a pull up and learn to weight-lift. (Right now I don't even have any weights.)

I am also lugging around a body-fat-percentage of 25% which slows me down appreciably. This is due to a few years spent overeating triggered by depression which I have put a huge amount of energy into fighting off single-handed, and now rarely relapse. The weight has refused to shift though, thankfully it is only a relatively small amount, I definitely want to knock at least 1 off my body-fat percentage in order to get into the 'in shape' category. I'm sure once I'm there I'll soon be aiming still higher for the 'athlete' section. This may or may not be complicated by my being vegan. I'm going to be doing some serious reading to find myself a path to follow, hopefully not alone! Hope to be seeing you all in the forums very soon! :D

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

This book is a great source - in my opinion, about nutrition. He talks about why fat is a far better fuel to burn instead of carbs. You should still be able to find lots of good sources of fat and protein being vegan - good for you!

Good luck on your goals and your upcoming marathon!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Level 1 Adventurer

[table=width: 300]

STR 7

DEX 1

STA 5

CON 5

WIS 4

CHA 3

[/table]

My 6 Week Challenge Thread

Archived