Forums are back in action! ×

I should be happy, not aggravated.

mandy75

So, I have been working really hard for about a year to get healthy and fit. I am always sharing my workouts and weight and all that stuff with me husband because I'm proud of my accomplishments and I, of course want him to be proud of me to, and he is.

A little background, my husband is in the Navy and for the last 2yrs has been stationed across the country from where the kids and I are.

I am sort limited to what I can do as far as fitness goes due to an injury from 10yrs ago, but I have surpassed what I thought I could do by leaps and bounds, it just takes me longer to get there. He is military, and just naturally slim(although like everyone, not as thin was he was a few yeas ago) always done well with the PRT without have to prepare much for it ect. Things just come easy for him. Well, last night while we were on skype he tells me we whats a TRX set up for his room(I do TRX) this morning he tells me he did s crossfit WOD. I know I should be happy he wants to get into shape, I should be proud, I should be getting a ego because he is doing this because I'm kicking his butt atm. I am, for the first time in our 13ys of marriage, smaller than him. That has been my ultimate goal for YEARS. There is just this childish part of me that just wants to yell at him, screaming "this is mine DAMN IT!!" This is my thing. He can do in a week, what it has taken me a year to do. I really don't want to hear about his headstand pushup when I just days ago I was thrilled I finally did 15 man style pushups.

/end of childish temper tantrum

1 Rep Max Deadlift-180lbs

1 Rep Max Clean and Jerk-90lbs

1 Rep Max Push Press-70lbs

1 Rep Max Back Squat-135lbs

1 Rep Strict Press-65lbs

Fitocracy

2 weeks till Hawaii

Haha I do the same thing! You are not alone. lol For years, I lived with my husband and a male roommate and I was always the largest of the three. When I got serious about losing weight, I slowly started getting closer and closer to them, until I was finally the smallest person in the house (by like 10 lbs). Then my husband got busy with work and quit eating as much, and he dropped like 20 lbs "on accident", which motivated my roommate, Eddie, to start working out and losing weight. Eddie would come to me for dietary advice, and while I knew that I should have been proud of myself for being an example, I was pissed that he couldn't just be a fatty and let me be the smallest. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gnome Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | CHA: 3 | WIS: 4

Fitocracy | ePaleoCookbooks.net | Blog | Twitter

My husband is one of those people who can pick up any sport, any skill, very quickly. He's fit, fast coordinated, charismatic and handsome. I'm fit(ter than I was!), slow, clumsy, socially awkward and marginally pretty. I sometimes feel like I'm going to develop a complex by being around him.

It's hard sometimes, but you just have to make yourself see how far YOU'VE come, what kind of progress you've made, etc. I'll bet your husband is very proud of you, and it's a good feeling to know that you've inspired someone else to take charge of their fitness.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Yeah, on the outside I'm all "that's great baby" on the inside, I'm "yeah, well I don't really care :P)". I do care but, I'm still aggervated. The grown up in me, is happy for him.

1 Rep Max Deadlift-180lbs

1 Rep Max Clean and Jerk-90lbs

1 Rep Max Push Press-70lbs

1 Rep Max Back Squat-135lbs

1 Rep Strict Press-65lbs

Fitocracy

2 weeks till Hawaii

Archived