Forums are back in action! ×

Body Fat Percentage

Vickyloo

If you have a Bod Pod nearby, it's supposed to be more accurate than calipers or electronic devices, and more convenient that other more scientific methods (water displacement, etc.). Most places charge about $40-50 for the testing, but I found a local college that will do it for $10. They give printouts with your test results, and estimates on BMR and TDEE.

I use the tape measure method paired with looking at images online of others with similar BF%. This works for me, since I'm not in competitions, it's not necessary for me to know exactly what my BF% is. In the ballpark is ok by me.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

The navy tape measure fat calculator is supposed to be pretty accurate. The issue is of course you have to be very accurate with WHERE you are measuring and if you are sucking in or letting out etc...take a picture of yourself as well. that helps with comparison!@

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

The navy tape measure fat calculator is supposed to be pretty accurate.

What is this mystical 'navy tape measure fat calculator' you speak of. When I was in the Marines they only went off a standard BMI Chart. I don't ever remember any measuring going on.

This of course ended up with a lot of very muscular individuals labeled as 'fat' unfortunately.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]“Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Loseâ€

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - Albert Einstein

-------------------------

DailyBurn | Fitocracy | Twitter

The problem with bodyfat percentage is that there is no way to measure it that is easy, cheap, AND accurate. I use an electronic impedance device.

The other thing with bodyfat is - why does one care? It's definitely better than BMI, but I think that listening to your body, looking at yourself in before and after pictures, and staying cognizant of your clothing fit is at least as important as a raw number. Or maybe I'm just saying that because mine is <GASP!> 41% :frown-new:

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

Archived