Forums are back in action! ×

Danoria's Neverending Trek

Do not reply to this post. Testing only. 

Jk I know that is bait to get responses by people who want to rebel. Welcome to my little corner of The Internet. I'll get to posting on my long term goals here soon. I did an intro post in the welcome forum if you want to know more about me. Thanks!

tap tap typing away.

Here is a brain dump before I go do an easy ride on my Peloton bike since I haven't been on it in about a month.

I know what to do and generally how to do it to improve my fitness. I even like working out. I like feeling sore/tired from my efforts. I like to see the gains in my strength and abilities. So what is the magic I need to perform to be consistent and reach long range goals?

1) I need the action of starting a workout to be easy. (Almost as easy as getting online to play through my boardgames every morning).

2) I need to be confident about adapting my plans/goals. (I thought I would be doing 7 mile hikes by this time of the summer and I really have not progressed like I had wanted. This is feeling pretty discouraging.)

3) I need to psych myself up to move past a basic level of fitness to something more epic. EPIC!

4) I need to put some consideration into the different apps/programs I have paid for/am paying for and consider if I am going to be able to take advantage of them.

I should really restate the above in more of an affirmation style. hmmmm.

I did my 20 mins on my Peloton bike yesterday. It was a bit rough BUT I don't mind a workout feeling tough because I have seen *many* times that a little consistency and my abilities rebound quite nicely. I got in a lot of functional movement yesterday as well. My husband is carrying out a house project to dig out existing window wells and replace them. He is doing most of the work but I got to pitch in yesterday. I probably did a dozen trips with the wheel barrow full of concrete, basically a farmer's carry. I got to dig some too. He's happy with the progress of the project so that is good. We are taking a break today and if the weather holds we are going to do some kayaking on the river.

Back to Plotting: 

1) I need the action of starting a workout to be easy. (Almost as easy as getting online to play through my boardgames every morning).

1a) spend time making sure my workout space is clean and clear (home gym but in multipurpose area)

1b) ensure I have things I need like my fan, towel, and water bottle the night before

1c) Set out workout clothes the night before (I am an EARLY bird waking up at 5am since my husband gets up at that time for his work. Even though I don't log in for my job for another 3 hours)

1d) Take inventory of workout clothes to make sure I have enough to get through the week or start doing mid week laundry to account for deficiency

2) I need to be confident about adapting my plans/goals. (I thought I would be doing 7 mile hikes by this time of the summer and I really have not progressed like I had wanted. This is feeling pretty discouraging.)

2a) I have been thinking about this as I didn't realize how much of a blocker it was until I wrote it down  yesterday. No need to be dissapointed in myself, especially if it leads to avoidance of my fitness routine

2b) This concern also brings up feelings in my about worrying that if I priortize fitness/training that something could happen (illness/injury) and some how that is blocking me from being consistent. I did have one really successful training and hiking year and I remember so much of my identity getting tied up in it. And with it came the anxiety that I would be gutted if I lost this part of my identity. Not sure I can take action on anything here currently but it is nice to be aware of my thoughts. I always think awareness is the first step towards change.

3) I need to psych myself up to move past a basic level of fitness to something more epic. EPIC!

3a) I want to make a list of epic things and figure out a progression through them. I'll save this for a later post.

4) I need to put some consideration into the different apps/programs I have paid for/am paying for and consider if I am going to be able to take advantage of them.

4a) I need to list out the different types of programs I own or am subscribed to and also see if I can determine a progression or pattern in how I would like to apply them. I did see GMB and their Elements progam mentioned by a few others as I was reading through challenge logs. That is one of the ones I have. :) 

4b) For the upcoming challenge, starting July 31 I will probably focus on getting time in on my Peloton bike as I really do get excited to get on my bike and would love to spend a whole challege with just that goal.

4c) I will also include what I call 'Intuitive Strength Training' in my next challenge. Which is where I set a timer (Usually 10 minutes) and just work through different movements. I don't count reps really or sets. I go slow and pay attention to how things feel. I have had a lot of success doing this. As much as I think I should do a program or a routine my brain rebels against the boredom/strigency of it after a while.