Forums are back in action! ×

Nerdfitnessian Introduction

Greetings from the Mitten State!

I want to introduce myself. Much like many of you, I’m pretty upset with myself about how out of shape I am. I’ve lived my entire life dedicated to being a certain weight. Being thinner was my only motivation for working out and, admittedly, it was not always a healthy way to live. I look back and see how many sacrifices I’ve made and how much I restricted myself and how much I missed out on and after all that, I’m in terrible shape. My drive and motivation are different now. I turned 50 at the end of last year and now I’m on high blood pressure medicine and I’m not ready to be an old person. Last year, we bought a house (with an absolute assload of stairs) on a big, beautiful  piece of property and I want to enjoy it. 

So I went balls out with Nerd Fitness, paid for a year, and joined the Hobbits Leave the Shire thing on Facebook. A lot of this really speaks to me. I have already made a lot of permanent, healthy, non-weight-related changes in my life using methods that I’ve been reading about on NF since I joined. Tiny habits really do snowball and can change how you see yourself and become absolutely life changing. The funny thing is, I discovered that I already have the book, Atomic Habits, I haven’t read it yet, but I know I’m on the right track!

Sorry for babbling, but I appreciate it if you’ve read this far!

Really hope to meet some awesome folks here!

• Like 3

Welcome!  I joined NF  when I was in my upper 40's  because I was tired of feeling like I was too old to do anything. Now,  10 years later, I have more energy then I  had in my 30's.

• Thanks 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27