Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Wow, missed it this week, but must record. We were watching something on TV and I made my roommate play the commercial, and then I made her slow down for that bar/ladder thing. Our other roommate came into the room and said, "Oh, that's not so hard if you're in shape."

Um, that's a huge "if" for me...

"The Force give me the patience to hold my tongue when I can't change something, the courage to kick @$$ when I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. "

PR: 10k 1:54:00; 5k 0:54:34; 1m 16:20; Chinup 51%

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amazon Adventurer

STR: 2 ¦ DEX: 4 ¦ STA: 1 ¦ CON: 1 ¦ WIS: 6 ¦ CHA: 3

Same Shirt, Different Day

Wow, missed it this week, but must record. We were watching something on TV and I made my roommate play the commercial, and then I made her slow down for that bar/ladder thing. Our other roommate came into the room and said, "Oh, that's not so hard if you're in shape."

Um, that's a huge "if" for me...

Bar/ladder = 'salmon ladder'

No worries about your roomie there Serenity, I don't think he/she knows what he/she is talking about - because every single competitor i've seen is in great shape and trains hard and only a small % make it through the qualifier - and that includes peopel who've qualified in years past on the same course, train hard, come back a year later and don't qualify. those courses are an awesome equalizer. I think its not just about strength and being in shape, but who has the best combination of attributes to get you through. can't wait to see the rest of the season! :D

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

I finally watched it last night (had it taped). WOW, I am hooked! I have never watched it before because I thought it is just another version of Wipeout or whatever it is called. Not even close!

I am more than impressed :-)

It struck me as Wipeout, but with all the goofiness replaced with a legitimate competition.

PR's

5k - 21:29

10k - 47:26 43:29

21.1 - 2:05:26 1:44:21

This show is soo good. Just saw the mid south qualify one. Those guys are tough. Interesting to see that they are more of the 90's small type as opposed to the 70's big type style. It really made sense that the rock climbing guys were the best.

I agree. The show is amazing! So inspired to level up. No women getting through though. I see there are lots of parkour people though. I am not sure if it is that big in Canada or if it is just more of an underground sport people don't talk about. Can't wait to see what happens in Las Vegas. The short clips don't show anything about the obstacles. I can only imagine...

pre-Assassin

Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose!

Twitter

I agree. The show is amazing! So inspired to level up. No women getting through though. I see there are lots of parkour people though. I am not sure if it is that big in Canada or if it is just more of an underground sport people don't talk about. Can't wait to see what happens in Las Vegas. The short clips don't show anything about the obstacles. I can only imagine...

Two hours of awesomesauce on Monday...mid south was legit. I have seen in the last few weeks many women attempting the challenge. I've missed one show I think, my wife and I watch it with our girls and they've seen clips of the women not qualifying...I am hoping that they get to see a woman run the course at least. Still pretty epic though.

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

This show is soo good. Just saw the mid south qualify one. Those guys are tough. Interesting to see that they are more of the 90's small type as opposed to the 70's big type style. It really made sense that the rock climbing guys were the best.

Most of the 70's big type are highly unbalanced between pressing strength and pulling strength.

Pressing strength is pretty much useless on Ninja Warrior, nothing more than dead weight. You need loads of pulling strength though, and awesome pulling grip stamina.

The 70's big type aren't typically able to bang out 50 pullups, or hang there one handed for a minute or more. That is the sort of strength that gets you through the obstacle course, not the strength to bench press a kajillion pounds.

The 3 types that do well on Ninja Warrior are Gymnasts, Rock Climbers, and Parkour guys.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Archived