Forums are back in action! ×

road trip day

yadz

I'm gonna be on the road for about 10 hours tomorrow. usually I would pound red bull, jelly beans, and beef jerky. I fear that probably isn't a good option for this trip though as I would rather not gain 5 pounds in the trip. before anyone suggests sunflower seeds (someone always suggests sunflower seeds) I find them to be gross, so that's out.

also, is there anywhere I can stop for lunch that doesn't completely suck? I mean, I guess there's always subway...

I would substitute 5-hour energy for the redbull, eww on the jelly beans, and what's wrong with beef jerky? Maybe chewing gum to keep your mouth busy?

For lunch, I would recommend Wendy's. I love their chicken apple salad, and I find that half of the provided dressing is plenty. Pomegranate vinaigrette is my favorite.

Finally, I don't know if you are the same, but I'm usually not actually hungry when I'm road-tripping. I eat because I'm bored. If you can find something to occupy your mind, you might be able to hold out better.

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

I'm the same, I'm never hungry, just sleepy and/or bored. I'm driving solo though so there's not a lot I can do to occupy my mind while keeping my attention on the road. beef jerky might be ok I guess. hmm... after looking at the online nutritional info, the wendy's salads do look acceptable, I was afraid they'd be like burger king salads that have as many calories as their burgers. I'll skip the pomegranate vinaigrette though, I flipping HATE pomegranate, lol.

Archived