Forums are back in action! ×

Atlas returns....to the gym

Hey everyone.

I'm new here, just signed up today. Not new to fitness but I've taken a few months off and am struggling to get back into routine and form. Need some accountability and a supportive group to help me out. Word on the street is this is the place! 

I used to be a 5-6 time a week weightlifter. Got in pretty damn good shape, then as usual life happened. Routine changed, diet disappeared, and gym time suffered. So I'm heading back into it. I haven't been fully MIA, maybe 1-2/week, but I'm not a fan of how I look or feel so this is my new starting point. Atlas was a nickname given to me by a few different people at a few different points in my life, but it's how I generally handle things. Put it all on my shoulders and carry the load for everyone. I am hoping to learn a little bit of not doing that as well.

Hoping to meet some great like minded people, support each other, and kick our respective goals in the teeth. 

• Like 3

Hi and welcome to NF!

There's a great group of people here and you've picked optimal time to jump in--the next five week challenge starts on Sunday. This is a perfect time to hop over there, see what other folks are up to and decide whether you want to make a challenge thread for yourself.

Getting back into the swing of things after a bit of a layoff is something I think most of us can relate to, so you'll find yourself in good company in that respect at any rate. :)

• Like 1

Welcome! I wish you a joyful reunion with The Lifting. And no doubt Atlas got a lot of volume in, but did he programme sensible rest days and light weeks? No, no he didn't. So his programme could be improved.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

On 10/20/2022 at 8:29 PM, sylph said:

Hi and welcome to NF!

There's a great group of people here and you've picked optimal time to jump in--the next five week challenge starts on Sunday. This is a perfect time to hop over there, see what other folks are up to and decide whether you want to make a challenge thread for yourself.

Getting back into the swing of things after a bit of a layoff is something I think most of us can relate to, so you'll find yourself in good company in that respect at any rate. :)

Thanks for the welcome!  I've been thinking of challenge options and reading through them to get a feel for the community.  Heres to a first good challenge!

On 10/21/2022 at 11:40 AM, Harriet said:

Welcome! I wish you a joyful reunion with The Lifting. And no doubt Atlas got a lot of volume in, but did he programme sensible rest days and light weeks? No, no he didn't. So his programme could be improved.

Thank you!  I had some, but not great balance.  Schedule got away from me and that is when I fell apart, but I certainly need to be better with program.

• Like 1