Forums are back in action! ×

XBlackWidowX's battle log

Halfway point

I just realized it's been half a year I've been active on forum. (I started from the beginning of this year, but two months were stolen from me, so yeah). That calls for a reflection of how I've been doing so far.

Battle log - four months

-Wim Hof Method became a part of my life and it improved it siginifactly. I solved all the problems I had at the beginning (lung ache, fear of suffocating, getting sick after cold showers, inconsistency) and continued till now.

- For the first time I stuck to a studying routine AND physical training while having a full time job

-I worked on my German and English daily. (except one month when I had a burnout and an anxiety crisis)

- for the first time I was able to read a novel in Chinese (with difficulties, but still)

- I started reading books in German with ease

- After many years of some inner block, I started writing stories again. They're quite bad, but at least something is happening there

- my connections with my family members improved because thanks to the battle log I didn't get lost in my own world and I actually remembered to contact them

Downsides:

- I didn't spend as much time with my husband as I should

- I think I forgot nearly all the vocabulary I learnt

- I didn't do enough listening in English

-instead of getting any progress in sport I injured myself and I am stuck here till now

Challenges

After four mounths I moved to challenges.

In the first challenge I became Venom and learnt I need to accept my monster instead of trying to push it into a corner all the time and pretend it doesn't exist. After that I noticed a big improvement. For the first time I talked about my anxiety issues with other people and started thinking how to help myself.

In the second challenge I wanted to become Lara Croft, learn ancient history and improve my swimming skills. It didn't go as planned because I got an infection and then got arrested. After that, while waiting for a verdict, I hardly had any interest in learning history.

In the third challenge I only managed to post the introduction, because the next day I ended up behind bars. But, well, the challenge was named "endure and survive" and I did just that. I'll consider it a success.

I'd like to thank all people who have been there for all this time and encouraged me with their kindness, wisdom and good advice. I am glad I am here because it is easy to take a look back and see how much I actually did. Otherwise I'd just decide I didn't do shit and think I am completely useless. But now I can see I am not.

Oh, and it's the first time in my life I stuck to my New Year resolutions! Unbelievable!

17_12_30_1557019002.rejectgroan_venom.png

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Veni, vidi, vici. 

Challenge review (August/September) 

It went pretty well. I got back on my feet and recovered mentally what was the main purpose of this challenge. When I came back to my country I was a scared little animal - my heart beat furiously every time I heard a little noise outside, I even felt nervous looking anyone in the eye. It's gone. I still have my anxiety issues, but it's an old problem, not caused by my misadventures.

The Wim Hof Method - did breathwork every day, sometimes 3 times a day. I started taking cold showers again too. Making the water colder with ice cubes is a bad idea for now, it knocked me out for a few days. I am gonna use the regular cold water for some time. Don't rush it.

Meditation - sticked to it for the first time in my life. 13 days in a row! I realized the anxiety I feel is not just the worry whether I do it right or not. It's just my genral anxiety that I can simply see clearly because there is nothing to distract myself from it. Recently it became less intense though. I guess that's good. I will see when this leads me.

Back exercise - I did it, but sometimes only once a day. I have to do more in the future and try new exercises to see what helps most.

Journal - I write positive affirmations and gratefulness statements every day. It helped me greatly. Knowing something subconsciously and sitting down and truly thinking about it does make a difference. 

I also write very short paragraphs in German and Chinese for practise daily. It was a great idea because I can stick to it.

See you in the next challenge! ? 

Veni, vidi, vici.