Forums are back in action! ×

It's been a long time...

I'm back after a long time. Someone on Facebook reminded me of the forum. 

I've been in the worst depressive slump  I've been since 2013. I am questioning everything in my life, except my dog. It's the nature of depression, I guess. I hate it. I haven't been exercising or getting sunlight. Today, I had to get some car work done, so I walked from work to the mechanic shop (left the car there earlier in the day to have them work on it), then walked the dog after. About two miles overall.  Most exercise and sun I've gotten in a long time.

My fiancee's father died, so she's not home. Being alone has made me realize how f'ed up I am lately. I'm really in the hole. Just done with life and whatnot. Not actively suicidal, but not happy or satisfied. Been eating more sugar too.

• Sad 1

Hello and welcome. My condolences on your fiancee's father.

Just wanted to chime in and ask if you have had your Vitamin D levels checked. You mentioned not getting sun, so it may be worthwhile. Low Vitamin D has been shown to worsen (and in some cases even cause) depression. I (female, 115 lbs) need to take 3,000 IUs per day just to stay in the mid-normal range. The recommended 1,000 IU doesn't even get me to normal ;) I get my levels checked every year or so.

Anyway sorry to hear you're not doing well, but seems like you're using the "not happy or satisfied" as motivation to change things up. ?