Forums are back in action! ×

how does one cram in so much food?

ok so I just found out my gym has a website for tracking diet fitness etc... so I put in my stuff and it keeps blinking red at me. says I am not eating enough. Add more calories or we will put you on the eating disorder watch list. WTH!! so I am supposed to eat all this extra food and stuff when? I am full! I cannot shove another bite in me. I work. I have a social life. If I add in the constant eating that's all I will be doing! So question here is how do I add in HEALTHY extra food while not eating constantly? And another slight but icky and i cant believe I am posting this.... If I add all that in I will be in the bathroom all the time!

I am frustrated but don't want to be on a watch list so I need to do this but SERIOUSLY?

*** please place your autograph on the line _____ ; so I can sell it on EBAY when you are famous ***

well, my first thought was to just put whatever in, even if you don't eat it. But then, I wouldn't really be happy at all with my gym telling me it was putting me on a watch list.

But if you want more calories, go for higher fat foods. Avocadoes have a good amount of calories. Don't forget to add the butter/olive oil whatetever you put on vegetables and meat. Nuts have a good amount of calories too

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Agree with ZenGwen, what are you typically eating? Anything in particular you're trying to avoid? That'll help give you more specific ideas.

I definitely struggle with eating enough on a daily basis-- I'm shooting for 3000kcal of 'clean' foods. Avocadoes, as Elastigirl mentioned, are great for this when I remember to buy them!

My suggestion is just to take food that you know are high in fat and add them into the foods that you normally eat. If you eat a salad, toss in a handful of nuts and a fried egg. That will give you an extra 250 calories without making you feel like you ate a lot (and they're healthy fats). Switch to slightly fattier cuts of meat. 80/20 ground beef, rather than 90/10 or salmon instead of catfish, for example.

Like the others said, without knowing what a typical day for you looks like - foodwise - it's hard to know what to suggest.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gnome Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | CHA: 3 | WIS: 4

Fitocracy | ePaleoCookbooks.net | Blog | Twitter

Typical day... 2 egg rolls, 8 oz chocolate milk, shrimp avocado salad w blue chez dress, chix and veg stirfry and 4 boiled eggs w butter and popcorn seasoning...

or 2 egg rolls, mongolian chichen add veg, crispy chicken sandwich add chez only bottom bun w/ fries

or 2 slices thin crust pizza extra cheese w/ olives, green pepper, mushrooms and ham; 2 egg rolls, spicy shrimp fried rice add veg, snickers king size

these are samples of my days taken from my diet journal. I am avoiding chips and breakfast cereal only because they are known binge foods that I have no control over if even a bite passes my lips.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk 2

*** please place your autograph on the line _____ ; so I can sell it on EBAY when you are famous ***

at this point i think i will just continue my eating habits as they are... you know as i eat chicken, veggies, more veggies, and oh, chia seeds in my water cuz its cool. screw them thinking just cuz I am not cookie cutter I have an eating disorder! I had a sedentary disorder not an eating disorder!

at this point i think i will just continue my eating habits as they are... you know as i eat chicken, veggies, more veggies, and oh, chia seeds in my water cuz its cool. screw them thinking just cuz I am not cookie cutter I have an eating disorder! I had a sedentary disorder not an eating disorder!

That's what I would do. If you gain weight or hit a plateau, then maybe see if you need to add calories. Or if you're lacking energy. The calorie tracker is a tool, not a law.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

2700, wow -- I'm tall and trying to gain weight, and 2600 is my maintenance including calories for lifting!

yeah, you're definitely getting good quality calories! Maybe their recommendation of 2700 is based on most clients eating a lot of crap and needing to eat 2700 to get enough good protein and fat throughout the day :/

Archived