Forums are back in action! ×

Slight shoulder injury: Advice?

Eddard

Hello all. I tweaked my shoulder a bit today while doing pushups. Any advice on healing, and what sorts of exercises would be good to do in the meantime? I definitely don't want to get derailed so soon after starting.

Thanks!

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.â€

-Tyrion Lannister

Current weight: 180

4 Week Challenge Goal: 175

Long Term Goal: 165

Waist Measurement: 37.5"

4 Week Challenge Goal: 37.5

Long Term Goal: 32"

1. suck it up and train harder

2. massage, foam roll, ice bath, icy hot

3. Supplementation and stretching/decompression

If all else fails

4. Go see a doctor.

Warrior LVL 3

STR: 16.75 DEX: 4 STA: 4 CON: 2 WIS: 8 CHA: 3

Current Challenge: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17857-Trad-s-Don-t-drop-that-dun-dun-dun

Current Maxes (lbs):

Spoiler

Squat: 380

Front Squat: 300

Bench: 265

Overhead Press: 155

Deadlift: 455

Clean & Jerk: 225

Snatch: 155

How tweaked?

Basically I'd say the same as Trad_Climb except that I'd replace #1 with "Suck it up and do a bunch of boring rotator cuff exercises so you don't permanently F-up your shoulder."

-jj

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

"Suck it up and do a bunch of boring rotator cuff exercises so you don't permanently F-up your shoulder."

-jj

I always opt for suck it up 'til you can't, now I need rotator cuff surgery.

Good exercises are face pulls, internal and external rotations, front and back pull aparts. Add in mobility, dislocators and wall slides.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Feeling much better this week. I've laid off of pushups and heavy upper body work since Friday. I'm focusing on sprinting, squats, box jumps. I'm training harder, but doing other stuff. Continuing with my pushup, plank, burpee routine is kind of silly if it ends up with me hurter myself even worse. I'm going to start some light shoulder exercises on Monday.

Thanks all.

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.â€

-Tyrion Lannister

Current weight: 180

4 Week Challenge Goal: 175

Long Term Goal: 165

Waist Measurement: 37.5"

4 Week Challenge Goal: 37.5

Long Term Goal: 32"

Archived