Forums are back in action! ×

Hi all

Discovered NF a couple of days ago, and am hooked.

I'm 32, from Perth, Australia. Have been trying to get a bit less "curvy" this year... My fitness is improving (lots of cycling, and walking 2 fast-moving dogs every second day has seen to that) and I'm trying to improve my strength.

I've just applied to be a paramedic, which involves a fitness test (eek!), and I'm especially worried about push-ups - damn my girly arms!

I'm also a horse rider, this year broke in my crocopony Darcy, and hoping to get him working up to low-level competition by the end of the year.

I'm a big ol' geek, primarily books, with a healthy dose of sci-fi TV where available. My OH is a tabletop and board gamer, and an Xboxer, and I have been sucked into occasional bouts of Xbox addiction (PoP, Fable etc).

...and introductions are weird, and kinda awkward, donchathink?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Rider of Rohan

http://www.fitocracy.com/profile/shadowkat/

Welcome to NF! I saw you said Fable and my eyes lit up. I love love love me some Fable!

NF sounds like the perfect place for you to be in terms of continuing your cycling/walking and improving your strength. I've definitely focused more on strength since joining and made a big improvement.

Level 2 Rebel
STR 5 | DEX 4 | STA 4 | CON 6 | WIS 7.5 | CHA 4.5

Aspiring Assassin | 1 | Current

Welcome!

What the heck is a crocopony? I googled it and only found one instance of it. It was on a Facebook page, and there was no context...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

I'm afraid that just creates more questions.... I'm guessing a crocopony is a horse that bites? or is ill-tempered in other ways? Or did yours model for this drawing? :)

crocodile_pony_by_elfwoodsilverwing-d34in7q.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

Oh wow that is terrifying yet amazing. I want one.

I bet it couldn't beat my EXPLOSIVOPONY in a fight though! My horse has the superpower of being able to explode like a bomb whenever something scares him, or whenever he feels like pretending something scares him. It's a very effective take-down maneuver, believe me.

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

Ha, I've ridden a few explosivoponies before! Arab or TB maybe?

My Darcy is a TB, but lacks the exploding gene - he's turned out dead lazy under saddle! He's a real character, but has certain antisocial qualities (biting, kicking, smooshing me against walls) to counter his dark handsome good looks and charm.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Rider of Rohan

http://www.fitocracy.com/profile/shadowkat/

Hi shadowkat. I didn't know such camps existed! I've actually only met one other person who's read the books.

20 years ago, I was about 70% Miles, 20% Cordelia, 7% Aral, and 3% Quaddie. These days I'd say I'd lean more towards Aral than Miles, but I definitely have a soft spot in my heart for the Miles hi-jinks. I keep hoping we'll get more Cordelia action, but no luck so far...

If I ever see Ms. Bujold here in town, I plan to tell her we need more old people action. hmm. I'm not sure that came out right.

How 'bout yerself?

"Get busy living or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." - Red"I'm not losing weight, I'm evicting fat." -me

Oh wow that is terrifying yet amazing. I want one.

I bet it couldn't beat my EXPLOSIVOPONY in a fight though! My horse has the superpower of being able to explode like a bomb whenever something scares him, or whenever he feels like pretending something scares him. It's a very effective take-down maneuver, believe me.

*considers making a smart-alecky remark about one-time use*

Nah.

Wow, crocoponies and explosoponies -- I feel totally outclassed with my binge-n-purge kitty...

;-)

"The Force give me the patience to hold my tongue when I can't change something, the courage to kick @$$ when I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. "

PR: 10k 1:54:00; 5k 0:54:34; 1m 16:20; Chinup 51%

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amazon Adventurer

STR: 2 ¦ DEX: 4 ¦ STA: 1 ¦ CON: 1 ¦ WIS: 6 ¦ CHA: 3

Same Shirt, Different Day

Archived