Forums are back in action! ×

Noob Warrior (emphasis on noob)

Hello all! I'm a college student, the geeky artist. I am a visitor from sparkpeople.com (someone blogged about this site) and I love this site so much I wanted to join!

History:

Last year I began running and getting all into the cardio to lose weight (because "that's how girls lose weight"), I lost 20 lbs! Then I hit a plateau, school got busy, *insert traditional excuses here*. I gained back 10 lbs >< lame.

But now I'm back into the game and I want to get into strength training! But I have no idea where to start. I have a gym membership but I don't like using the machines. I want to use dumbbells and barbells, I've been doing regular bodyweight workouts for a couple weeks but want to use the fancy weights :P The articles about Moe and Spezzy really inspired me! But there weren't details on their actual workouts. Can anyone help me? Is there an article about this that I've missed?

Thanks so much!

Welcome.

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of articles on here that will help you, like 99% sure. If you read through the forums, there's a lot of really awesome info, as well. That's where I've gotten most of my info, because when I first found NF I wasn't interested in weights, so I didn't read the articles about weight, but I do hazily (hence the 1% uncertainty) that they're there.

ETA- Ah, just caught that you were looking for Moe and Spezzy's workouts... I haven't seen that, but the articles there are will get you started until you figure out your own routine well down the road.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

Hey :) Welcome! You're studying art? Do you draw/paint? I am a freelance illustrator and love it, but I can't think of a more sedentary thing to do, sadly. I wonder if I should get a stand-up easel, at least I'm not sitting all day then. Would take some getting used to though. Maybe sculpture burns more calories? Haha, I'm one-track-mind about exercise at the moment, don't mind me. Enjoy your stay here!

| STR 15 | DEX 14 | STA 14 | CON 10.5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7 | Level 5

Ocelot's Dossier - Battle Log | Springing into my Sixth Challenge!

Archived