Forums are back in action! ×

Monday morning feel good follow up to the flowers thread...

Just to keep you all amused for the morning :smug: and as a little follow-up to this recent thread http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?11794-Ladies-Your-thoughts-please-Flowers-to-your-workplace ...

A few of you wanted to know how the flowers were received and what happened next. (Don't worry, I'm not going to blog my entire new relationship to you since...well it would be very creepy...but this was fun and a little relevant to all the foodies on here)

Well...she didn't hate them, her co-workers were slightly jealous and I cooked her dinner for the first time this weekend.

Here are my efforts, feel free to rate, review or ignore at will!:

(NOTE: Cheat day for me so a few things I'd never touch on a normal day but I think I'm allowed to push the boat out for instances such as this!)

Starter: Buffalo mozzarella & vine tomato salad with basil, balsamic glaze & olive bread toast points.

AtaGGICCEAA7iKJ.jpg:large

Main: Chicken breast wrapped in smoked bacon stuffed with goats cheese & pesto with dusted sweet potato fries & dressed salad.

AtaGPmnCQAAHnyo.jpg:large

Dessert: Lemon gateaux with fresh raspberries & madagascan vanilla ice cream.

AtaGZSoCIAApKrt.jpg:large

GoToTheGround"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" - Leo TolstoyTwitter | My 130lb weight-loss journey in photos & words 

You know the NF guys are going to hate you now . ;)

It is a open community it which everyone learns from other successes. If I was a guy trying to woo a woman (or already have the girl, continue to woo her) I would be taking notes about the positive feedback GototheGround is getting.

Just saying.

Try everything once. If it kills you don't do it again.Paleo- So Easy A Caveman Can Do It

Guest Gemeaux
It is a open community it which everyone learns from other successes. If I was a guy trying to woo a woman (or already have the girl, continue to woo her) I would be taking notes about the positive feedback GototheGround is getting.

Just saying.

True that .

So if anyone wants to cook for me .. Call me !

OMG! Seriously, people are going to be demanding that you be cloned for the good of womankind! :love-struck:

Haha that's probably just made my top 5 nicest things anyone's ever said to me.

If I was a guy trying to woo a woman (or already have the girl, continue to woo her) I would be taking notes about the positive feedback GototheGround is getting.

Ahhh but the real question is: can I keep the effort up. The answer's yes, but just thought I'd point out that I reckon most of us blokes are pretty attentive at the start of relationships and it probably slides from there. But hey I could be totally wrong, I defer to those of you with several years or more of marriage under your belts!

Okay seriously , that's amazing . I wish someone made this kind of effort with me .
True that .

So if anyone wants to cook for me .. Call me !

Thank you. Sadly I can't be of much help as I'm somewhere around 10613 miles away but if I happen to be filming in Sydney (which I've heard could happen later in the year...I'm off to Bahrain for a couple of days tonight!) I promise I'll take you out for dinner and try to give you some pleasant company for an evening.

GoToTheGround"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" - Leo TolstoyTwitter | My 130lb weight-loss journey in photos & words 

Wow, this is amazing!

To the guys reading, dinner > flowers. So if you're going to do just one, sharpen up the culinary skills. We love it when you cook for us! If my husband had done this, he would have had a much easier time courting me. :P

How did she react to the dinner?

Level 2 Rebel
STR 5 | DEX 4 | STA 4 | CON 6 | WIS 7.5 | CHA 4.5

Aspiring Assassin | 1 | Current

Whoohoo ! But I'm sure your lady friend might not like that lol .

Haha, a large % of my friends are women and I have no intention of changing that. I'd like to think I'd have to give her a serious reason to distrust me before it became an issue. (this entire issue is even funnier when you consider I train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu so I'm on a mat with many of these women wrestling and rolling around on the floor for a few hours a week!).

Sounds like you have a cool job too .

I'm one of those fortunate people that has a fun 'real' job (Architect) and then an even more fun 'hobby job' (TV Sports Presenter) for the rest of the time. It means I never really get a true 'holiday' but the pay off is some great experiences with some fantastic people in some pretty cool places ;-)

How did she react to the dinner?

Very well by all accounts....not really much more to it than that! She didn't even mind my bizarre habit of photographing most stuff I cook!

Mmmmm, looks good. Lucky lady. :)

I am not actually jealous, as my fiance is a wonderful cook. I still remember the first time he made dinner for me - perfectly flaky white fish with creamy herb sauce, crisp green beans and carrots, wonderful mashed sweet potatoes, and an apple crumble for dessert.

I should give him a poke to stop by that fishmonger's again...

Anyway, note that he is now my fiance, so making delicious food is clearly a good move!

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

Anyway, note that he is now my fiance, so making delicious food is clearly a good move!

I did note that! You seem recently to have gone from "my boyfriend" to "my fiance." So CONGRATULATIONS.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Today is my 13th anniversary... I came home last night to flowers :)

And, my husband cooks for me quite frequently... and I'll tell you, nothing says "true love" like a man that hauls out of bed at 0-dark 30 to make sure I have coffee, my lunch packed, and a good breakfast in me before I go face the hordes!

Fancy cooking, yeah, that is wonderful stuff for courtship and the occasional event. Willingness to do the mundane cooking and/or cleaning? that makes a man a total champ!

Your food efforts look wonderful, gototheground! I've always equated a man bringing food with a bird's courtship ritual of bringing the female a treat (weird, I know), and I think it speaks to the very primitive, deepest level of a woman's heart. You will provide for me! :)

That meal looks amazing! If a guy made that for me, I would be completely over the moon. You so clearly made an such an effort, it's really refreshing to see a guy who's not afraid to show they're really into a girl. No playing hard to get, just tell her she rocks you world - and even better, tell her through food!

So, you and your (possible) brother are spoken for. I'll take a cousin?

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

Guest Gemeaux
That meal looks amazing! If a guy made that for me, I would be completely over the moon. You so clearly made an such an effort, it's really refreshing to see a guy who's not afraid to show they're really into a girl. No playing hard to get, just tell her she rocks you world - and even better, tell her through food!

So, you and your (possible) brother are spoken for. I'll take a cousin?

Ditto !

Archived