Forums are back in action! ×

Hey Nerds!

I joined way back in 2011 and found a ton of success with the community, here! A lot of life has happened, since, and my focus has been on putting out constant fires instead of taking care of ME. I'm back, now, and I'm committed to making it work like I know it can!

Little bit of backstory:
I've been overweight pretty much my whole life. About 13 years ago, I had a stroke - the lasting effect has been minimal - but it sparked a strong desire to get healthy. And I was on a pretty good path - at one point I had lost about 200lbs - THEN it all changed. I was diagnosed with ESRD (end stage renal disease), in short, my kidneys no longer work and I'll be on dialysis until I, either, get a transplant or die.

But, because of that, and a host of new challenges that brought with it.  for about 10 years, my weightloss and fitness has taken a backseat to just keeping myself alive. Now, I'm in a position to put more focus on being healthier and weighing less (also, I have motivation - I have to lose weight to be resubmitted for a transplant consideration) so here I am!

"A hero or a hooligan, well, that part's never clear."

That's a heck of a story. Welcome to the forums. We've got a few people who are trying to make some improvements to allow them to be considered for medical interventions. Unfortunately, I can't name someone specific for you but if you check out the new challenge forum that will go up later today you will see people's threads starting up and may find a kindred spirit or two. Regardless, welcome. You're welcome to lurk or start your own challenge thread and lean on the community for support or  accountability as needed. 

• Like 1

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter