Forums are back in action! ×

New to forums …also, guilds?

Hey. I was enjoying the free NF App and then rather fell off the wagon spectacularly so I’m back and I’ve signed up for coaching for accountability.

I’m new to the forums so if you have any tips or feel like a hello do say hi :)

I’m doing this alone so I’d appreciate getting to know you even if you’re on the other side of the pond.

Also, can some kind soul please explain how the guilds work? Many thanks

• Like 1
  • Aetheling changed the title to New to forums …also, guilds?

Welcome!

I can pretty much only speak to the forums as I haven't done the app or other things but you will see a new directory go up on the forum home that says "Current Challenge: 12/31/2024 through ...". Click into that and click to "Create a new Thread" like you did for this. There you can create a thread that you will use to log your days and weeks, assuming you want to do that. It's not mandatory to do challenges but it's where most of the action on this website happens. Feel free to browse previous challenges and/or wait a few days to create your thread, jsut to get a feel for what people do. Each person's challenge is very personal to them. Some people use it as a training log, some use it as a diary, some use it as a place to just vent their spleen. 

Gifs and gags are strongly encouraged. 

As I said, that's not at all mandatory but if you're looking for a community of people who are all working on self improvement, a lot of it based around getting healthier, that is a great place to find that. 

• Thanks 1

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

5 hours ago, Aetheling said:

Also, can some kind soul please explain how the guilds work? Many thanks

Welcome! The guilds are kind of a holdover from an older forum format.  We used to sort ourselves a lot more based on fitness specialty for 5 week challenges. These days all challenges are posted in the same place so it doesn't make that big of a difference, but I heard a rumor guilds might be getting revamped and used a bit more again. (Okay, it's me, I keep starting that rumor hoping to manifest it, but I swear over the summer the mods said that was in the works.) Anyways, here is the Guild Guide if you want to check it out: 

The 5 Week Challenges are the most active part of the forum. Feel free to browse through old threads and see how people format them. Some of us have pretty involved tracking systems we use, some like to theme each challenge, some put narrative chunks in their challenges, some use it as a daily log - there's a wide variety and the only rule is to do what is most helpful to you.

I'd also recommend checking out the Adventure Party PVP section and see if there are any groups forming that closely align with your goals/hobbies. They tend to go dormant as the year progresses, but there's usually a bump in activity in January and the more people get involved, the longer they will stay active.

• Thanks 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf