Forums are back in action! ×

Recovering from surgery

Hello,

Last time I posted I was telling you folks about my workout routine. I was 205 then. That was about a month ago. Since then, I had to undergo intestinal surgery and now weigh 185 after spending nearly 3 weeks in the hospital. I was unable to eat and tgus lost fat and muscle. Soon my incisions will be healed hopefully and I can go to work trying rebuild myself.

I come to the community with this odd scenario for suggestions. I do not want to be this weight as I am too skinng for my frame and I need some strength back. All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tim

Hi Tim - sorry to hear about your surgery, but glad you're okay. I'm hesitant for the majority of us to offer advice without knowing what your doctor advises. Though the incisions will be healed, are there certain restrictions on movements or activity? And what about food intake guidelines? If we can get more details on those, then we can certainly list our favorite activities! (and welcome back)

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Glad you're okay!

I'm going to have to agree with Matilda--definitely check with the doctor on diet/exercise restrictions. After most surgeries there are some, depending on the type of incision and procedure. Three weeks in the hospital is a long time so you'll need to slowly get back to where you were.

Hey - glad to hear that you're recouping and starting to think about getting back at it.

I agree w/others that you should listen to what your docs advise you relative to getting back to working out.

I had hernia surgery about 10 weeks ago, and for me at least it was a longer recuperation than I had anticipated, but I've now been back at it working out for about a month and I'm finally back to where I was before I first got injured. It can be frustrating, but my only advise is to keep your eye on the longer term and listen to your body (and your docs) as you get back into things.

Good luck!

Archived