Forums are back in action! ×

After originally joining in 2012 under the name KiltedCowboy, and drifting away in 2016, I’m returning to see if a challenge and battle log will help get me where I want to be.

Since my last post nearly 8 years ago, I was competing regularly in the Highland Games until an accident at home left me with a partially crushed right hand (nearly amputating my pinky).  In April 2019 this injury took my workouts to a full stop and I never got back on that wagon.  Ended up “retiring” as a Highland Games athlete as a result.  Life has flown by and two very active kids now have me looking at how to get back in shape.

I’m tired of my back hurting so frequently.  I think it’s due to the full stop on workouts.  I hate having to tell my oldest daughter I can’t pick her up because my back is hurting.  I don’t enjoy how I look in a mirror.

So here we are, giving this another try.  I need accountability and hopefully I can find some again through the community here.

• Like 5

-RescuedRuckus

Don't Give Up the Ship

2 hours ago, Littlenose said:

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your Highland Games accident, sounds brutal. What are your plans to get moving? Have you set any goals (apart from picking up your daughter, of course!)

Wasn’t a games related accident actually,  it was a boat trailering accident.  But thanks for your sympathy ❤️. I have a challenge going in the current 5 week challenge, so I’ve got goals there

• Like 1

-RescuedRuckus

Don't Give Up the Ship

On 2/4/2024 at 12:05 PM, titsworth said:

Welcome back! I was also a 2012 Forum-er (that's a word, right?) that's coming back after a while :D I was going to ask how your January went... but I saw you had a Challenge thread, so I'll go check in there!

Hey!  Glad to see another quasi-OG around here.  Yeah I’m gearing up for the next challenge so check it out once I get it posted!

• Like 1

-RescuedRuckus

Don't Give Up the Ship